Reality xp gns530

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
svaughn01
Staff Sergeant

Reality xp gns530

Post by svaughn01 »

I just bought the Reality XP GNS530, installed it into the A2A C172, changed to the Reality XP GPS in the A2A configuration tool, ran the configuration tool in the "add on" menu, but for some reason it seems like the gps unit is not all there, some of the click spots work, but some of the gps doesn't look like it's all there. there must be something Im not doing right, would appreciate any help. FSX-SE, Windows 10. Here is a pic of what I'm talking about....

Here is the link to the pic. https://link.shutterfly.com/wjx1Wu1mG5

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Reality xp gns530

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Steve,

The FSX version of the 172 supported the original RealityXP GNS whereas I imagine you've just purchased the GNS 530W/430W V2. However, you you should be able to use the setup tool provided by RXP (available from the top "Add-ons" menu) to convert the panel.cfg file for the newer gauge.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

svaughn01
Staff Sergeant

Post by svaughn01 »

Thanks Nick your a genius! I thought I had done that but it seems to be working now.

svaughn01
Staff Sergeant

Post by svaughn01 »

Except one strange thing, now my add-on interior is gone and its back to the default A2A C172 interior, do you think it will mess up the RXP GPS if I try to reinstall my interior?

svaughn01
Staff Sergeant

Post by svaughn01 »

Answered my own question, it appears that add-on textures for the vc does affect the gps and it looks like that was my problem, I reverted back to the default vc textures and everything is fine, oh well I really liked my vc textures :roll:

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Yeah, depending on which files the interior repaint includes Steve, it may cause some issue if it's an older one you're using.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

svaughn01
Staff Sergeant

Post by svaughn01 »

I have a different problem with the gns530 I would appreciate it if someone could help, Im trying to learn this thing and Im sure someone else has this same unit, Im not getting all of the procedures, for example, at KBNA I dont get any departure procedures listed, but at KCLT I have all sorts of departure procedures. Is there something im doing wrong? I know that there should be procedures at KBNA even if the data is 10 years old there still should be departure procedures at KBNA. Thanks

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”