C172 throttle problems on p3dv5

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
wthielke
Airman

C172 throttle problems on p3dv5

Post by wthielke »

I just installed p3dv5, fsuipc6 and the latest C172 installation. I copied my fsuipc.ini file from my p3dv4 installation, where everything had been working perfectly.

I'm having trouble with the throttle. I'm using a Saitek TPM for the throttle. The throttle is very erratic, jumping back and forth when I move it. For example, sometimes when I throttle back to zero, it will jump up to a mid setting (as observed visually in the sim). I tried recalibrating under FSUIPC, but it didn't help. I also calibrated it under P3D. No joy.

I can't tell where the problem is. The mixture control seems to work fine as do my other hardware controls.

wthielke
Airman

Re: C172 throttle problems on p3dv5

Post by wthielke »

Solved in p3d I went to settings, axis settings, selected the TPM and found an assignment for the throttle. I deleted it. Now everything works fine. It's being controlled by FSUIPC.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: C172 throttle problems on p3dv5

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the update Wes. You solved the problem before I was able to reply, but yeah, sounds like a classic case of a control conflict which is always a possibility when using external software like FSUIPC.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”