Documents in VR

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
[email protected]
Airman First Class

Documents in VR

Post by [email protected] »

Any chance A2A could add something like a tablet similar X-Plane or Fly Inside to bring PDF's or Web Browser into VR cockpit? We need flight planning info in the cockpit. Taking headset off to read flight plan docs really kills the VR experience.
Making the map and the AFM/POH movable and resizible would be nice too. It would be a valuable feature for all your planes. Thank you.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Documents in VR

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

no chance at the moment I am afraid, that'd be more a platform thing tbh. As it stands right now we are still working on getting the basic 2D panels working in VR in P3D as the VR is still being fixed by Lockheed.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

[email protected]
Airman First Class

Thanks for the honesty Lewis. Any chance you could expound some just for my own edification?. Are the POH and map features built into the platform? The map and the POH already pop up in VR now. The ability to move and resize them is a platform feature that you don't have the ability to customize? I got a demo for FlyInside and I liked it but but they don't have a version for P3D 5 yet, probably because LM is still changing things in the platform for VR as you mentioned. I also prefer to minimize addons because they seem to complicate things and I prefer not to have to manage problems. Give LM a nudge for me to get documents in the cockpit !!!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

We found a new VR issue and reported it to LM today, so for now we are concentrating on getting the basics working.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

[email protected]
Airman First Class

Any word on the VR fixes from LM? Would like to be able to move the map and POH checklist out of the way. They pop up directly in front of the controls.

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 12 Jun 2020, 16:25 We found a new VR issue and reported it to LM today, so for now we are concentrating on getting the basics working.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
It wouldn't be a CTD when you try to change options or load a flight plan etc. from within VR would it? One of those 'black screen 'I'm not listening' type of things? I've learned to disable VR then make changes
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Its been reported and acknowledged as something Lockheed will investigate. Unfortunately that's about all we can say as we like you will be waiting for the fix and more information.

Ron, no not that one, not sure Ive come across that, But I after the FSX days I am always int he habbit of one load one flight. I will personally always restart the sim for new full flight to avoid as much as possible the memory usage, dodgy flight loads etc etc etc that we've all grown accustomed too since 2006 :lol: :?

thanks,
Lewis

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

I agree Lewis. I'm talking about 'Oh poop! I forgot to change the time or I forgot to load my flight plan kinda stuff. But it'll all cpme out in the wash as my old mum used to say. :D

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Ahh yes, there where some fixes to come from HF2 I believe, have you updated yet Ron?

thanks,
Lewis

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

Oh yes. I'm an avid updater. No update is too small or too 'scary'. I just have to train myselt to disable VR first. See through pop up GPSs seem to be cured though. :)

[email protected]
Airman First Class

I recently posted this on the LM P3D forum in response to another post:

Re: Still No Kneeboard in VR?

I have an AviTab knee board in X-Plane that is freeware!!! I have A2A products in P3D where the kneeboard pops up in front of the instruments in VR and I can't move it to the side so I can use it while operating the plane. I have spoken to A2A who said the limitations are due to the VR in the P3D platform. Is that true? I am in the process of evaluating FlyInside as a solution.

As far as return on investment goes, I have spent significantly more money on Prepar3D, scenery and aircraft than I have on X-Plane. With all of my complaining I prefer the visuals in Prepar3d since I am doing VFR training but the lack of functionality over stupid ?()^ really irritates me especially when I have spent significantly more money. Isn't a checklist and airport diagrams a basic in any cockpit? My A2A planes have a checklist in VR but I can't move it. Is that really asking too much? A way to bring airport diagrams into the cockpit too maybe?

I have the impression that LM is primarily focusing on the environment and leaving airplane functionality to the developers but the developers are depending on LM to build the functionality into the platform so they can build it into their products. I wish Adam Breed, Rob McCarthy, and Chris Metel would share their thoughts on this subject. They are the guys that can make things happen and get these stupid minor issues fixed.

Thanks to the LM team for fixing some of my previous gripes especially the default GPS SIDS and STARS issue.

Question for the A2A gurus:
A: Do you think my assessment is fair and accurate? There has been no response from the LM team.
B: Has there been any progress on these issues in P3D v5 yet? If I buy FlyInside, it only works on v4 so I'm reluctant to upgrade to v5.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

i'll admit ive not checked recently and have for this week a task of P3D update checking. It could be that VR got some extra fixes with the updates ill be able to check this week.

thanks,
Lewis

[email protected]
Airman First Class

Thanks Lewis! Keep me posted.

[email protected]
Airman First Class

Lewis??? No new progress?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Are you on v4 or v5?

I've still yet to get VR working in v5 on a base platform level and I am bringing it up with Lockheed as and when I can.

thanks,
Lewis

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”