Transparent Plane

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
[email protected]
Airman First Class

Transparent Plane

Post by [email protected] »

Why can I see inside my C172 from the outside with a guy stuffed face down in the baggage compartment?

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Transparent Plane

Post by Jacques »

You’ve clipped into the aircraft. Move your Point of View back using the (-) key on your keyboard. The (+) key will then move it forward again until you find a good spot where you can’t see the passengers stored in the cargo compartment. I think it has to do with passengers needing to still be a part of the model even though you may have selected for no passengers, so they get stowed out of sight until you add them in again.

[email protected]
Airman First Class

Thanks for the reply but I'm not that close. I see the same view in the Select Aircraft Window before I begin the flight.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello,

I assume this is with the 172 installed in P3Dv4 from previous posts. If so, please can you confirm which sub-version of P3Dv4 you're using? The 172 uses PBR so your installation must be updated to at least v4.4 standard which is when this feature was added. This includes both the "Client" and "Content" components.

If your P3D installation is already up to date, do you have any shader or camera mods installed?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

[email protected]
Airman First Class

I am on Version 4.5.14.34698 A2A Captain Nick.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the info, but you didn't answer my other question.
Nick - A2A wrote: 28 Jun 2020, 06:01 If your P3D installation is already up to date, do you have any shader or camera mods installed?
If you can attach a screenshot of what you're seeing too, it may help to understand the issue.

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the picture maajr57 but please can you answer the question above above shader and camera mod programs and also give a little context on how this issue first presented itself.

For example, is this a new install of the 172, of did you change your P3Dv4 installation in some way at the time this problem appeared?

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

[email protected]
Airman First Class

I had installed trial of FlyInside. I think maybe it turned off my HDR Lighting for VR. I enabled HDR and the problem is fixed!
Thanks for the help.
Mike

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”