Can not click on switches in VC Panel ???

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
j1richard
Airman

Can not click on switches in VC Panel ???

Post by j1richard »

I intermitingly lose the ability to click on switches in the VC panel >>>

It works fine in the 2D panel .

I get a mouse arrow in the VC panel and can move it around but I cannot click on switches or any other controls.

I have tried many solutions but can not find a fix for this.

Hopefully you can help as it makes flying these aircraft impossible as I randomly lose mouse clicking ability ???

John

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Can not click on switches in VC Panel ???

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello John,

One possible cause for loss of clickspot functionality is moving the eyepoint so that it's within the 3D model. Have you moved your eyepoint back at all, for example using a third-party camera add-on?

Also, if you can let us know which host sim you're using, it'll help to narrow down possible causes.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

j1richard
Airman

Post by j1richard »

Nick,
I do not have a third party camera and I have tried moving my seat forward and back but that does not help, nor does zooming in or out.

I am using flight sim X with all upgrades..

The problem is intermittent and sometimes comes and goes without me touching anything...

The resolution of my system and FSX are the same.

I am also using windows 10

From the searches I have made this problem has been around for quite some time

I have not been using FSX and these planes for quite awhile but did not have this problem before this with the same configuration.

John

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi John.
Win 10 has the habit of turning off USB power to save power for other things , make sure you go into settings to turn off USB power saving , and make sure you use powered hubs as well for things like mouse and flight controls , i use win 7 so dont know the exact way to do it in win 10 , but should be similar to win 7
On mine its :-control panel\system and security\system\device manager , navigate to USB double left click to open each USB properties in turn , look for power management tag , make sure boxies are unticked , hit ok and exit , not all USB`s have a power management.
I dont know if this is the cause of your issue , but worth a check.
regards alan. 8)

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

John,

A few things you can try.

Firstly, please make sure you've installed the latest Accu-Sim update from here.

Secondly, please ensure that default landing lights are selected in the C172 Aircraft Configurator, as the have been a few reports of 3D lights affecting click spots.

And finally, please make sure any modifications to the viewpoint in the virtual cockpit are removed.

If the problem persists, please can you let us know if you have any other FSX add-on utilities installed?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

Do you use LINDA?

If so, click on the controller tab and back to settings or the start screen, I don't know the exact names right now. I have this almost every second flight, no idea why, but this solves it.

j1richard
Airman

Post by j1richard »

Please define what you mean by FSX add on UTILITIES?

My computer Win10 has all of the latest updates.

The FSUIPC is up to date

I have installed all of the latest updates for the A2A planes

I have removed the USB power save feature on all of my ports. did not fix it.

I am plugged directly into the USB computer port with the mouse I have tried other ports and a new wireless mouse...did not fix it.

I am using a Saitek x52 controller and tried removing that. did not fix it.

The problem also only seems to be occurring while in flight.

The mouse arrow appears ok but I can be flying along with the AP on and not touching anything and I still intermittingly lose the ability to click on anything in the VC panel. Adjusting the seat position or the zoom does not help. The 2d panel works ok

I am using the native resolution of the computer 2560 x1440

This problem is not unique to my setup as others have had similar problems ?????

I have been away from FSX for awhile and it was working ok when I left but now that I'm back !

HELP ?????

John

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello John,

there was an old bug from near release back in 2013 that was fixed almost right away back in 2013, so I don't believe you should be seeing that if you are all updated or have used any of the recent downloads to install your product.

By utilities we do indeed mean things like FSUIPC or any other software you might be using for your simulator that could have an interference with how the simulation operates.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

j1richard
Airman

Post by j1richard »

Thanks Nick I am using FSUIPC latest registered addition. with default setup.

Are there any settings in this that would fix the problem,

Was there a patch put out by Microsoft that I missed.

I have been away from fsx for about 4 years and it was ok when I left...

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi John,

FSUIPC is a pretty powerful piece of software which can affect things in unexpected ways from time-to-time, so for troubleshooting purposes I recommend a test flight with it complete disabled to verify if the issue still occurs. The simplest way to go about this is to just move the FSUIPC4.dll into a different folder.

If the problem persists, could you grab a screenshot showing your view in the cockpit when it happens and attach it to a post in this thread. (The "attachments" tab which is below the "post a reply" window when you hit "reply".)

Also, have you double checked that "default" landing lights are selected in the C172 Aircraft Configurator as mentioned above?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

j1richard
Airman

Post by j1richard »

Nick,

I am using a boxed version of Microsoft Flight Simulator "Gold Edition" which includes FSX Deluxe & Acceleration Expansion Pack.

I have a custom and very powerful computer made by Jet Stream in Florida..

I reinstalled the C172 with lights and GPS set to default. The default GPS seems to be just a blank cover ??

I have disabled FSUIPC N/G

I have disabled Accusim N/G

I have also disabled my Saitek X52Pro Joystick N/G

I have changed both the wireless mouse and mouse ports N/G

I have also disabled my Saitek X52 controller while in flight on AP. N/G

I made a good video with voice notation but I need to know how to get it to you ??? It is A2A C172 from John.mov 963 Mb

Thanks for the help, this is really frustrating.

John

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

John,

Thanks for the info. The video you've made should hopefully help us understand what's going on. You could upload it to a free file-sharing service like Google Drive or Dropbox and then share a link to it in this thread.

https://www.businessinsider.com/how-to- ... ?r=US&IR=T

Regards,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

j1richard
Airman

Post by j1richard »

Nick

I'm not sure about how to do this, see if you got it ???

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HnEa1B ... sp=sharing

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for posting the video John.

It's hard to be sure as you don't pan around at all in the vid, but it looks like your eyepoint is further back and lower down than the default position which could mean it interescts the seat back. Can you let us know how you're adjusting the eyepoint?

It also doesn't look like the default GPS configuration is loaded successfully for some reason. You mention you reinstalled, so please can you manually delete the following file:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\A2A\Cessna172\Update_fsx\client.wyc

And then rerun the Accu-Sim update from here.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

j1richard
Airman

Post by j1richard »

Nick,

Reloading the 172 thru the update utility FIXED the problem. I did do this update before but it did not take.

Removing that X\A2A\Cessna172\Update_fsx\client.wyc forced the update to complete

I had V 1.0 installed instead of V 2.190.

What also really thru me off was that I had a RealAir Beech Turbo that was doing the same thing but that was corrected by an option in the setup program for that plane.

Thanks for the help.....John

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”