C172 update for P3DV5 vehicle initialization error

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
djc12339
Airman Basic

C172 update for P3DV5 vehicle initialization error

Post by djc12339 »

Hi, Having downloaded and installed the new C172 for P3DV5 , the sim throws an error for the vehicle saying " Vehicle Initialization has failed for :A2A C172R F-GOAP". You will now be placed in visualization-only mode .

Can from A2A help me resolve this issue as the C172 for P3DV4 was working fine in P3DV5 .
I have already tried to delete the simobjects.cfg file and the vehiclefavourites.xml but no joy .
Des

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: C172 update for P3DV5 vehicle initialization error

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Des,

Is it only with the F-GOAP livery that you're seeing this error message?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

djc12339
Airman Basic

Post by djc12339 »

Hi Nick , thanks for your prompt reply . I hadnt thought of trying a different C172 . Ive done so and loaded N346CP livery and it seems to be working .
What shouold i do to use the F-GOAP livery ?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks Des. Have you made any changes to the C172 installation at all since installing it? By default the F-GOAP livery should work fine (I just double-checked with my own copy) so wondering if some files have been deleted within your installation.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

djc12339
Airman Basic

Post by djc12339 »

Thanks NIck , Once i loaded the N346CP livery and then changed that to the F-GOAP , it then worked just fine . I hadn't made any changes to the installation ( Im not that savy TBH) , other than download the new P3Dv5 aircraft and start to use those . BUt all seems good now thanks .
I do have a multiple account issue however , I dont suppose you deal with such issues too?
My user name here is djc12339, but I also seem to have accounts under the user name nespie AND descarson . Basically , i wish to have only one account , and one email address as my [email protected] is now behind a paywall , so i wish to use JUST [email protected] .
Anyway , I dont know if this something you can sort for me , if not , can you direct me to who may ?
Regards Des

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the update Des - good to hear the Skyhawk seems to be loading okay now. Yes, I remember the name "nespie" now that you mention it and I'll check with Mark, our phpBB forum expert to see if it's possible to merge accounts in this way. To be honest I'm not sure it is, due to password privacy protection and so on but I'll ask the question.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”