Floating mouse text offset

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Johnpcook
Airman Basic

Floating mouse text offset

Post by Johnpcook »

I have the brilliant Cessna 172 and recently upgraded to an ultra widescreen monitor. My floating mouse text in the virtual cockpit is now way offset high and to the left. Any fixes? Thanks.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Floating mouse text offset

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi John and welcome.

Do you mean the cockpit tool-tips are misplaced (the little labels that appear when you hover the mouse over a control) or the 2-D pop-up panels which appear with Shift 2, Shift 3 etc?

Also, if you can give us a bit more info about which host sim you're using, and what monitor res you're running at, it'll be easier to get to the bottom of the issue.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Johnpcook
Airman Basic

Post by Johnpcook »

Hi Nick. Fast reply, well impressed. Just turned on my pc for a screenshot of it and it has cured itself overnight! Sorry to trouble, but excellent customer service though!

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Ah, no problem John - probably a system restart was all that was needed. Wish they all cured themselves that easily!

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello John,

just wanted to tag onto the end of the thread that if you have updated to a big ole 4k jobbie and are a P3D user, you can chose the 4k option in your aircraft config application (under your windows start menu > A2A Simulations) this will make reading the text on the 2d panels a little easier for you on the super high res displays.

cheers,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Johnpcook
Airman Basic

Post by Johnpcook »

Thanks for that Lewis. I am running fsx steam edition on a 35” Ultra wide 3440x1440 monitor, Any tips for that configuration?

Cheers.

Johnpcook
Airman Basic

Post by Johnpcook »

Sorry guys, My issue is back again! I am running fsx steam with a 3440x1440 monitor. Earlier today, when it looked ok, the text was much larger and courser but it was in the correct place then.

When I hover my mouse over the heading bug the text and heading value appears exactly between the turn coordinator and the airspeed indicator. Text is small but neat and easy to read. I have a pic but can’t work out how to attach it for you. Cheers.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi John,

Not 100% sure what's going on with your setup, so yes, a screenshot would be really helpful. You can add one to your post using the "attachments" tab which is just below the "post a reply" window when you hit "reply".

Bear in mind you may have to reduce the file size of the image to attach it. Alternatively, you can host a pic on a third-party site and post a link as described here.

From what you describe, one thing that may be worth checking is your scaling options for Windows itself, including the text. You can check this under "ease of access" in the Windows settings menu in Windows 10.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Johnpcook
Airman Basic

Post by Johnpcook »

Hi Nick

Thanks for the reply. I have established the trigger for the VC floating mouse text position and quality.

My main 35” ultra wide monitor runs at 3440x1440 and I also run a second monitor 22” at 1920x1080. When I have the a2a c172 mini controls and clipboard pop-ups on the main monitor, the floating mouse text is correctly located (ie next to the pointer) although the text is quite large and grainy. If I undock and drag any one of the the pop-ups To the second monitor, there is no change. If I drag BOTH of the pop-ups To the second monitor, the mouse text is now smaller, clearer, but significantly and noyingly offset from the mouse pointer (about 100mm to the left and 75mm higher).

Hopefully this screenshot link works.

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0cVxBI0 ... hley_Heath

Many thanks, John.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the description and the screenshot John.

Do you see the same issue with misplaced tooltips in all the aircraft in FSX? If so, it may just be a limitation of the sim itself when the display windows are set up as you describe.

However, could you let us know how your Windows scaling options are set, as mentioned above?
Nick - A2A wrote: 08 Jul 2020, 16:46 From what you describe, one thing that may be worth checking is your scaling options for Windows itself, including the text. You can check this under "ease of access" in the Windows settings menu in Windows 10.
Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Johnpcook
Airman Basic

Post by Johnpcook »

Hi Nick

The scaling was set to 125% (recommended). Change to 100% and problem solved.

I really appreciate the prompt and informed advice on this, thank you.

Regards

John

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're very welcome John - good to hear that the problem seems to be solved.

All the best,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”