Disappearing click spots

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
jimjones
Airman

Disappearing click spots

Post by jimjones »

I would appreciate your thoughts concerning my clickspot problem.

The clickpoint problem for the c172 remains a big problem on my PC with FSX. Without the clickpoints the buttons do not function and using the auto pilot, setting frequencies, etc is impossible.

Sometimes the clickpoints do not appear on a new flight or they disappear a few miniutes later after or an hour later into the flight.

Starting at some airports is more successful than others and the amount of scenery active, and the number of screens used during a flight seems to be a factor.

CTDs are also experienced on short and long flights.

There seems to be no consistency in the problems. Restarting Windows and FSX with the same conditions give different results occasionally. It is as if FSX saves info that is used later when restarting FSX that either creates or fixes problems from a previous FSX restart and flight.

My c172 is a reload using:
uninstall old c172
accusim_c172-trainer.zip downloaded 7/6/20, 234,189 MB
A2A_Update__05_11_2020.zip, 22,404 KB

My PC Specs
ASUS Notebook Intel Core i7 (2.0 GHz), 12 GB Memory DDR3,NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M
Video Memory 3GB DDR5, CPU 6MB L3 Cache, Windows 10 upgraded from 7)

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Disappearing click spots

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

2 things stick out on your post right away that I just want to mention before we go too deep dive in.

The first is of course that it looks like you are running a laptop, par for the course these are always on the edge for gaming and you're not gonna be getting desktop performance from a laptop. So make sure the settings are lower than the hardware might suggest and keep things stable so as to avoid issues and tbh just manage expectations in this area too.

Secondly was that you mentioned uninstall which always rings alarm bells as its so rarely a good idea to do that (troubleshooting a reinstall is many many many steps down the troubleshooting path). In this case for FSX you want to go in and manually remove any left over files and make sure the update files etc are removed from the FSX root directory prior to the system restart and then reinstall.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

jimjones
Airman

Post by jimjones »

Many thanks, Lewis, for your on the spot recommendation to my problem.

I deleted the ...FSX\a2a\c172 directory and files, after uninstalling c172 then installing the latest c172 files. The clickspots are now always available even in those conditions I was unable to get them to show before.

An uninstall and reinstall initially was necessary as some of the c172 files were obviously corrupted.

Jim Jones

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Good stuff Jim sounds like you may have had an update file in there preventing the update from applying correctly. Glad to hear you are all up and flying now.

Thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”