Problems with new C172 Install

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
steve5031
Airman Basic

Problems with new C172 Install

Post by steve5031 »

Today I purchased the C172. The install went fine and I followed the upgrade instructions to upgrade it to version 19.12.27.0. When I brought up P3D V4 the C172 was listed. When I selected one of them I got a message that there was no preview available. This occurred with all four versions. When I tried to select another vehicle the list of aircraft would flash temporarily (with no aircraft listed) and then the blank preview screen would show up again. I uninstalled the C172 and brought P3D back up again. This time all the C182s had disappeared. I reinstalled the C172 and they should up on the list of aircraft as before, although there was no C182s. I tried to display one of the C172s and the same preview problem occurred. The only way I could fix this was to load a scenario (I tried one I had created with a C182 in it) and the scenario came up fine with the C182. I exited the scenario and the list of aircraft appeared again, including the C172s and C182s. I tried to load a C172 and the same problem. It seems the only way to fix the problem is to load a scenario and exit from it. Everything else seems to work.

Does anyone have an answer to fixing this problem?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Problems with new C172 Install

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Steve and welcome.

Could you let us know which sub-version of P3Dv4 you have installed? The 172 uses a PRB model so requires P3D to be updated to at least v4.4 standard.

Could you also confirm which aircraft currently loads with your default P3D scenario, as using complex add-ons for the default flight can sometimes cause problems.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

steve5031
Airman Basic

Post by steve5031 »

From the P3D file properties page it shows product version 4.2.21.24048.

As far as aircraft are conerned the only ones I have added on from the default list when I purchased the product is the A2A C182 and the Milviz Beaver.

If I need to update to version 4.4 could you send me the instructions.

Thanks,
Steve

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for confirming Steve.

To update your installation of P3D to the latest version, you'll need to visit the downloads area on the Prepar3D site and enter your licence info to get access to the latest installer.

https://www.prepar3d.com/purchased_downloads/

Coming from v4.2, I'd recommend that you do a complete reinstall of P3Dv4 to make sure you have the latest content. The current version is 4.5.14.34698.

Regards,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”