Remote control to open 172 trainer door

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
herbiem
Airman

Remote control to open 172 trainer door

Post by herbiem »

Well here we go
Parts arrived today so now have on my A2A Cessna 172 Trainer, the left hand door and the 2 windows plus the control lock all operated by my remote control buttons.( like you would a garage door) I can not get the passenger door to open except with the mouse from the inside so used the 4th button on my remote to remove and replace the control lock.
What I did -
Purchased parts 12v 4CH Channel 433Mhz wireless remote control switch with 2 transmitters. ( most on line sites have these, it is also possible to get 6 channel as well, note they are 12v this did not concern me as I have 12v into my panel for my panel lighting)
The wiring -
I looped the 'C' terminal of each relay on the remote board to Ground on my Mega 2560 board and the appropriate pins from the Mega to the 'B' terminal
I had some trouble programing the remote but got it sorted in the end after removing the jumper on the relay board it all works great.
The Programing -
I am using Mobieflight and have the windows and the control lock assigned to a key macro and the left door to an event ID. The Key Macro's only use the "On Press" button in the Input Tab.
The Exit door Left is as I said an "Event ID" 66389 Param 1 and 66389, Param 0 "ON Release "Toggle_Aircraft_Exit"
I hope this summary is of some help to others wanting to get a bit nerdy :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Remote control to open 172 trainer door

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Very cool, and very nerdy haha. Any pics or videos of it in action?

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”