Refund or fix

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Hillbilly
Airman Basic

Refund or fix

Post by Hillbilly »

On December 25th I purchased both Accu-sim Cherokee 180 Academic and
> Accu-sim C172 trainer for P3Dv5.
>
> The Cherokee was a great addition to my A2A stable which includes 182, Bonanza, Texan, and Comanche and Warhawk.
>
> All of these products run flawlessly on my system even with GTN 650750 enabled. I can fly for hours without any glitches. The 172 is a different story. I have been installing uninstalling and reinstalling the 172 for 7 days now. No joy. I have been running the 172 without GTNs. The 172 is causing my system to crash to restart within 10 seconds of takeoff, that is if I can even get to the runway before it crashes. I have tried everything including disabling the Windshield.DLL and allowing P3D to recreate config file and even the scenery files. This crash to restart happens no matter where in the world I start the sim. I have even gone to the extent of testing every aircraft from every field by doing circuits. Every other aircraft performs flawlessly. C172 Crashes every time.
>
> I am at my whits end with this plane. I think I have thrown $29.00 (great price by the way!) away as nothing works to fix the issue.
>
> Intel i7-4790 3.60 GHz, 32 GB, Win 10 64bit, NVIDIA 2080ti 11gb.
>
> Please advise how I can get a refund or let me know how to fix the issue. I have scoured the forums and nothing has helped.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Refund or fix

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Hillbilly and welcome to the A2A forums.

Sorry to hear you're having some problems, but wish you'd contacted us sooner rather than getting frustrated and repeatedly reinstalling. For starters, we'll never leave customers stuck with a product they're unhappy with, but in the vast majority of cases, issues can be tracked down and resolved pretty reliably rather than having to resort to a refund. However, bear in mind that there's a huge variety of hardware, operating system, base sim and add-on configurations out there, so new issues do crop up from time-to-time.

In your case, it's pretty unusual that all the other aircraft work well and only the 172 is apparently causing issues. The 172 is model is unique among the add-ons you list in that it uses a 3-D model and textures which have been updated to use PBR (physically-based rendering) so I suspect the issue is related to graphics rendering rather than anything else.

Please can you let us know if you've updated your installation of P3Dv5 to the latest v5.1 hotfix, and which version of the NVIDA drivers you're using?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”