Washed out scenery through Windscreen in 3D Cockpit

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
cricky
Airman Basic

Washed out scenery through Windscreen in 3D Cockpit

Post by cricky »

When I first load my C-172 in FSX for a flight, the view through the windscreen in 3D Cockpit is nice and clear. After several minutes, the scenery and prop start to look washed out. For example, the prop goes from a black color to light grey. Scenery looks washed out. I am not using lensing or cockpit glare features, and am not allowing Landing Light to show on ground. No other fsx aircraft experiences this issue. I have chosen each of the liveries, and results are the same. I have re-installed, and have re-booted several times. Same outcome. After about 3-5 minutes scenery and prop colors are not crisp.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Washed out scenery through Windscreen in 3D Cockpit

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello cricky and welcome.

This is one of those "it's a feature, not a bug" things; basically what you're seeing is the simulated cabin humidity causing the glass to mist up. Opening the windows or using the cabin ventilation controls should clear the condensation pretty quickly.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

cricky
Airman Basic

Post by cricky »

Thanks very much Nick! It's amazing what you can find hiding under the co-pilot's yoke! Opened the valve, and it clears right up. I should have thought about that. Much appreciated. I love this aircraft!

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're very welcome cricky, and happy to hear you're enjoying the Skyhawk.

All the best,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”