C172 has no power and no engine

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: C172 has no power and no engine

Post by Tomas Linnet »

RJM wrote: 30 Jan 2021, 04:09 BTW, I never thought it would be this much work to get an addon running... ☹️
Normally it is not a problem, anyway don't worry, :a2a: has the best customer support. I'm just a happy customer trying to help out. I'm sure :a2a: have more suggestions if I have to give up.
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

RJM
Airman

Post by RJM »

Eureka! I got the engine running at last! :D
Went to the hangar for a complete overhaul and then followed the checklists.

I’ll try again this afternoon to see if things are still working properly.
For now, many thanks for your help Tomas!

RJM
Airman

Post by RJM »

Although I’m happy with the realistic performance of the aircraft, I wouldn’t mind automating things like fuelling etc.
Do you know if this feature exists for lazy pilots like me who just weant to jump in the airplane and take off to the skies? 8)

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

I'll check this thread.
Glad I help.
Enjoy your C172 and pay attention during the pre-flight :wink:

If you prefer jump and go you can turn off damage in the Shift + 3 menu. But give Accu-Sim a chance to prove it self. I 98% of my time in FSX I'm in an Accu-Sim aircraft. no flights are the same, the aircraft talks to you, it will break i you don treat it right. for me this is what simulation is all about, getting it as real as possible.
Last edited by Tomas Linnet on 30 Jan 2021, 05:16, edited 1 time in total.
Kind Regards
Tomas

A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Robert - sorry to hear you're having some problem and thanks to Tomas for helping out.

Now that you've installed the Accu-Sim update and reverted back to a stock FSX aircraft for your default flight, please can can you check the maintenance hangar as Tomas suggested. By default this 2-D panel is accessed with the Shift 7 key combo while the aircraft is loaded in the sim. If you see a large number of items highlighted in red, it may indicate that the SimConnect client isn't working properly.

If the hangar doesn't indicate multiple problems, please can you try an auto-start (Ctrl E) of the 172 as this should verify if the basic systems are working okay.

Thanks,
Nick

Edit: I see I posted just a few moments too late! :)
A2A Simulations Inc.

RJM
Airman

Post by RJM »

Thanks Nick, it seems that the maintenance people in the hangar took care of my problem.
Ctrl-E didn’t do anything (tried it several times).

For my understanding:
Can I have an A2A C172 as default olane or do you recommend a standard FSX airplane as start up and then change to an A2A aircraft later on?
Would it cause a problem if I exit FSX without following the appropriate shut down checklists?

Thanks guys, I very much appreciate your help!
Robert

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

It’s best to a FSX plane as the default flight. My default flight, is the default C172 at EGKA, parked with the engine off and all electrics off as well. From there I go to my saved flights and open what ever :a2a: plane I want to use directly from there. It have never caused any problems for me, but there have been reports of errors. In that case it’s recommended to select the flight you want e.g. choose airport, time, date weather and start that flight in the default C172, when the sim is done loading, select the :a2a: airplane you want.
As mentioned in the manual the :a2a: aircraft is persistent, so if you don’t turn the battery master off, Accu-Sim will drain your battery, even with the PC off. There is a few limitations in the persistency, but the aircraft will load more or less in the state where you left it, it will not load with full fuel tanks etc. Wear and tear will not disappear unless you visit the maintenance hangar and so on
I hope this helps
Kind Regards
Tomas

RJM
Airman

Post by RJM »

I’m learning a lot this weekend 👍 this makes the whole flying experience so much more realistic.
One more question about the walk around pre-flight inspection: where do I find this particular checklist and how do I actually remove the pitot tube cover? 🧐

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

the pre-flight inspection is explained on page 96 in the manual. When doing the pre-flight you should se some buttons the first window you get to should remove the pitot cover, the other one i greyed out until the cover is removed. You can also remover the cover from the Shift + 3 menu. and BTW the cover works, so dont forget to call out "Airspeed alive" on the take off roll :wink:
Kind Regards
Tomas

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

top tip: use the "next view" key in FSX to go through the diffent steps during preflight, way easier. I think the default key i "A", but I'm not sure.
Kind Regards
Tomas

RJM
Airman

Post by RJM »

👍

RJM
Airman

Post by RJM »

Mmm... I cannot find the Next View key...

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Unless you have changed the control mapping the default is the A and S keys for changing views and changing views within a given sub-set.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”