Flight controls query

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
EmileB
Airman Basic

Flight controls query

Post by EmileB »

On my newly installed A2A C172, the flight controls do not work : nothing happens when I move my yoke or rudder pedals. P3DV4.5 HF3. On checking with the default AC11 Commander 114 with engine not running and PMDG 737 NGXu once powered up, the yoke and rudder pedals move as expected so it doesn't look to be a hardware issue. Any ideas on what the problem could be ? I read through the manual but to no avail (unless I overlooked something). Thanks for any help.
Cheers,
Emile.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Flight controls query

Post by Nick - A2A »

HI Emile,

Perhaps the first thing to check is that you've removed the control lock from the yoke.

Assuming that you have, please can you check the aircraft in the maintenance hangar (Shift 7) to see if there's any sign of multiple faults (red text items).

Please can you also let us know what control hardware you're using, and whether the axes are assigned using P3D itself, or using third-party software such as FSUIPC?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

EmileB
Airman Basic

Post by EmileB »

Hi Nick,

Thanks a lot for your reply. Here are my answers to your questions :

The control lock is sitting in the pocket of the pilot door.

Despite the aircraft having flown 0.0 hours, its maintenance report shows a completely dysfunctional machine :
General condition :
...inspect engine
prop destroyed...
Notes :
- Too numerous to list
- Engine compartment : same

Silly me : here I was thinking that I had a brand-new aircraft :mrgreen:

How to fix all this ? When I click on "complete overhaul", nothing happens. Similarly, when I click on any of the multitude of red annotations, nothing happens.

I use a CH Products flightsim yoke and throttle quadrant, and Logitech rudder pedals. All axes are assigned through P3D itself (in fact, PMDG specifically advise against using third-party software for this) and all function normally with other native or add-on aircraft.

I should perhaps mention that my C172 was purchased and installed through Orbx Central. Could that be a problem ?

Looking forward to your reply, and to finally be able to get airborne.
Cheers,
Emile.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the additional info Emile.

It definitely sounds sounds like there's a problem with the installation. There's a few things that can cause this: for example, antivirus software and other third-party apps restricting access to the install directory.

First of all, please can you also manually run the DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer from the link below.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... aspx?id=35

If this doesn't help, you should also run the legacy "SimConnect.msi" file in the following location.

C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib

If this doesn't resolve the issue either, please can you try reinstalling through Orbx Central as a few customers who have installed via Orbx have reported that this has helped. If the problem still persists, please can you let us know the exact installation path for the 172 which should be listed in Orbx Central.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

EmileB
Airman Basic

Post by EmileB »

Hi Nick,

Unfortunately, the link to the DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer that you posted, is broken.
My Flightsim rig runs Windows 10 and DirectX 12.
I already had all legacy simconnect versions installed (they are needed by utilities such as ProATC/X and ActiveSky which I run on a networked PC).
However, I completely uninstalled, rebooted the PC, then re-installed the A2A C172 through Orbx Central and all now appears to be working. The only issue on the mechanic's report is a low battery, which is understandable.
FYI, the install folder is C:\Users\*****\Orbx Library\p3dv4\A2A.

Thanks for your quick responses !
Cheers,
Emile.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Emile,

Thanks for the update and good to hear the issue is resolved. Sorry about the DirectX link, I copied it from a previous topic without checking it was still valid.

All the best,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”