DXGI Hung appears after turning on Active Sky P3D (Rainy weather)

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
CaptainDru13
Airman Basic

DXGI Hung appears after turning on Active Sky P3D (Rainy weather)

Post by CaptainDru13 »

Hello... I having a trouble with the cessna 172. When I open Active Sky P3d, and the weather raining, it automatically appears my VGA stop working (DXGI Hung). I'm using Prepar3D_v5_Academic_5.1.12.26829. Can you help me? Thanks!

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: DXGI Hung appears after turning on Active Sky P3D (Rainy weather)

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello CaptainDru13,

If you're experiencing CTDs that are definitely associated with rain effects in ASP3D, it may be worth navigating to the "Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\A2A\Gauges" folder and renaming the "Windshield.dll" file within to disable it.

Please can you also let us know what screen resolution you're running at, and indeed if you're using multiple monitors and/or undocked displays.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

CaptainDru13
Airman Basic

Post by CaptainDru13 »

Nick - A2A wrote: 01 Feb 2021, 13:01 Hello CaptainDru13,

If you're experiencing CTDs that are definitely associated with rain effects in ASP3D, it may be worth navigating to the "Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\A2A\Gauges" folder and renaming the "Windshield.dll" file within to disable it.

Please can you also let us know what screen resolution you're running at, and indeed if you're using multiple monitors and/or undocked displays.

Thanks,
Nick
Hi.. I already removed the windshield.dll file to my backup folder. I'm using 2 screen of MSI G241 screen (144hz).

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks - so just to confirm, you removed the Windshield.dll before posting and are still seeing CTDs?

Are you seeing CTDs in rain with any other add-ons? With the dll in question deactivated, the 172 is no different to other aircraft in regards to ASP3D rain effects.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”