C172 in PO3dV5.1 without any livery

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
achimvdg
Airman

C172 in PO3dV5.1 without any livery

Post by achimvdg »

I have the C172 from A2A running a few weeks now and suddenly today when I started P3DV5.1 I noticed I found the four C172 I have in P3D, all in white without any signes / livery saty the outside and a very strange panel/dashboard. I uninstalled and reinstalled again in C:\users\username\documents\p3dv5 addons\A2A. But still in P3D the airplane remains the same without any livery.
Would appreciate if someone could help me out. thanks
Achim

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: C172 in PO3dV5.1 without any livery

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Achim,

can you think of anything you added or changed to your sim or system?

Can you show a screenshot of the issue you are encountering. It does sound like something may be either interfering with the display, esp true if you have added any new shader mods etc to your P3D. Another possibility could be if you have changed drivers recently?

We would never recommend a reinstall as a first troubleshooting step it can often hide issues and is rarely needed. We like to think of it as akin to fishing with dynamite :mrgreen:

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

achimvdg
Airman

Post by achimvdg »

Well I installed Honeycomb Alpha flight controls with drivers, I think I took the incorrect version first and later the correct one. However in my PC (windows 10 Pro 64bit) all my other planes in P3Dv5.1 are not affacted. They are still shoing correctly.

Achim

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Controller drivers are unlikely to be the culprit Achim, though graphics card drivers could. However, a utility that affects shaders is a likely culprit as Lewis mentions.

You could always try deleting your shader cache so that the sim is forced to rebuild them. To do this, delete the following (hidden) folder:

C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\Shaders

If this doesn't resolve the issue, a screenshot or two as Lewis suggested would be helpful to understand the issue better.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

achimvdg
Airman

Post by achimvdg »

Nick befoire I remove the file you mentioned and although I am NOT the expert, do not understand me wrong please...., but how come all the other a/c I have are ok and only the A2A Cessna and... what I just found out, also the A2A P40 which I had is completely gone again in P3D. I reinstalled it it P3DV5.1, yesterday evening it was gone (not the C172 it was their blanc) so I reinstalled the P40 and now this morning when I start up P3D the A2A P40 is gone ..

achimvdg
Airman

Post by achimvdg »

And what I also just found out all my AI aircrafts and airports ( building etc) are without any color, Si I thin the honeycomb alpha flight control are the cause. Problem is I can not locate the wrong driver which I maybe have to uninstall , I made screen shots but files seem so be to big, will try to reshare them
Attachments
Schermopname (97).png
Schermopname (97).png (1.16 MiB) Viewed 4952 times
Schermopname (96).png
Schermopname (96).png (1.15 MiB) Viewed 4952 times
Schermopname (95).png
Schermopname (95).png (1.2 MiB) Viewed 4952 times

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Achim,

Thanks for the screenshot. I'd be surprised if controller hardware was somehow able to cause this, but as mentioned, deleting the sim's shader cache is probably the best place to start in any case.

Can you think of any other changes you made to the sim, other than the Honeycomb flight controls?

Also, are both the P-40 and 172 installed via our standalone installers now rather than through Orbx Central?

Regards,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

achimvdg
Airman

Post by achimvdg »

Hi Nick no other changes made, both a/c C172 and P40 are installed on D drive and not through ORBX. Removed shaders but no effect. Maybe I should bring back PC to an earlier date from date I started with honeycomb. I cant realy find no other solution than it must have top do with that controler..

achimvdg
Airman

Post by achimvdg »

Nick, I check P3D and notice the sceneries squence totally changed ( see screenshot) the shaded areas never were at the top. I can not move them up, might this be the cause ???

achimvdg
Airman

Post by achimvdg »

sorry cant send screenshot file to big it says. but all the ORBX are at top starting with addon airports ( bit all in shaded text) as from NL2000 scenery it in normal writingh but I cant move them up
from ORBX

achimvdg
Airman

Post by achimvdg »

Nick :D

I found it in P3D the texture resolution quality box was empty, dont know why but I filled it in again and its back the scenery, I wil reload the C172 and P40 and let you know if its ok as well

cheers Achim. (happy....)

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Achim,

Thanks for the update - that sounds promising! :)

Just a quick question: which aircraft do you currently have saved in your default P3Dv5 scenario? i.e. Which one first shows in the rotating vehicle preview window when you first launch the sim?

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

achimvdg
Airman

Post by achimvdg »

at this moment a C47 shows up at first, besides the default airplanes I have added DC3 DC4 C172 PA40 Tiger Moth

achimvdg
Airman

Post by achimvdg »

Regret still not ok, in scenery libraries P3DV5 still remains unchanged, I can not move up or move down. ORBX central was also gone from my PC, reinstalled and hoped the scenery would reset it self. Regret nothing happened. Top 15 of scenery arte all the ORBX scenerues like airports/global open etc, a few are on bottom of list but all in not clear writing, see picture.
Think have to go to ORBX forum maybe to see if someone has a solution ..
Rgds
Achim
Attachments
Schermopname (104).png
Schermopname (104).png (426.06 KiB) Viewed 4908 times

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Try opening ORBX Central. Click on the little gear, then help, then syncing your scenery.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”