can't get engine started

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
fly309
Airman Basic

can't get engine started

Post by fly309 »

Hi i currently can not get the engine started on the 172 i completely read over the flight manual engine starting procedure over and over.
seems all is well doing the priming procedure wait 3-5 seconds when positive fuel flow etc...
even primed 1 second to avoid a flood and still nothing then i even tried the video demonstration technique and still nothing so i don't know what to do?.

P3D V5
windows 10 home 64 bit
nvidia RTX 3090 24gb vram
motherboard prime X570-pro
CPU: AMD ryzen 9 3900X 12-core prossessor
64gb ram

diggusa
Airman Basic

Re: can't get engine started

Post by diggusa »

Hit shift 3 and then auto start.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello fly309 and welcome.

Yes, it's definitely worth trying auto-start if you're having problems starting the engine manually. If auto-start is successful, it means there's almost certainly something in your starting technique which you need to refine.

However if auto-start doesn't work either, it points to a more fundamental problem. This could be something as simple as forgetting to put fuel in the aircraft (the fact that you mention seeing positive fuel flow suggests that's not the case here) or it could be a fault with the engine itself (check the condition in the maintenance hangar via Shift 7), or alternatively a sim setup problem.

If you can let us know if auto-start is successful, we can take things from there.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

fly309
Airman Basic

Post by fly309 »

Hi thank u for taking time to help me. I successfully got the engine going a few times now seems like u stated the proper technique needed to be found and looks like i did:)
i also think i flooded it the first time as it wasn't cold out and didn't need much primer so i fixed a few things in the hanger.
all is good now!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hey Fly,

if you think you flood it again you can cheat a little, open the hangar and inspect the engine and it'll let you know if its flooded or not, just so you know :)

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the update fly309, good to hear you've got the manual start sequence sorted. Hope you enjoy the 172 and if you have any more questions, please feel free to drop us a line.

All the best,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”