FSX C172 general issues

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Collin-Fox
Airman Basic

FSX C172 general issues

Post by Collin-Fox »

Hi, about a month ago I bought the A2A C172 Trainer for FSX and since then I've noticed some strange things with the aircraft. The first thing being that the pitch feels much shallower in the simulator than it does irl. When pitching for 80kts at full power and mixture, I feel as if the aircraft needs much less pitch on the A2A version than the aircraft I fly irl. Another thing that somewhat relates to this is that it also feels slightly underpowered. The aircraft I'm currently training on which has the exact same engine and propeller seems to have much more power than the A2A C172 even at the same temperature, DA, and wind conditions. Also, there are minor sound bugs such as wind sounds that don't sound perfectly looped when the door is opened and wind conditions are present.
I have run the latest Accusim updater and checked the forums for these issues, but both didn't resolve my issues.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: FSX C172 general issues

Post by Oracle427 »

There are two engine/prop options that can be selected in the maintenance hangar. Have you verified that the correct combo is installed?

Are you configured with the same W&B for the climb at 80KIAS and with the same atmospheric conditions in the sim as IRL? Try to match as many variables for comparison. What pitch angle are you seeing in IRL on the AI and what are you seeing in the sim? Note that the eyepoint in the sim may not be lined up quite the same as your RL view. I found that the eyepoint in the sim is much higher than my RL view as I can not see the cowling at all in any model 172 I have flown unless I stretch my neck up for a peek.

It's been a little while since I've flown a 172, but I would guess it would probably have a nearly 10 degree pitch at 180 HP and the climb prop at max gross on a STP day.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Collin-Fox
Airman Basic

Re: FSX C172 general issues

Post by Collin-Fox »

Hi, I checked last time I flew the aircraft and yes, the prop and engines are exactly the same as the aircraft I'm currently flying. Also the W&B is also around the same as it is irl. It might be FSX itself. Pitching in other aircrafts is also a bit off from what I remember. It might be FSX starting to feel outdated to me which is probably hindering my enjoyment of the aircraft. Hopefully the Comanche for MSFS comes out soon, I'm looking forward to it!

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”