Shift + NUM shortcuts stopped working

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
capthobbes
Airman

Shift + NUM shortcuts stopped working

Post by capthobbes »

Could anyone provide some help on how to troubleshoot shift+num optional panel shortcut keys not working?

I'm not sure why, but the shift+num shortcut has stopped working. I've looked online to see if they can be custom set, but from what I've read they can't. That leaves me stuck with a dead A2A Cessna 172 and need the option panel to work. I have all the guides printed and bounded, and not able to see any troubleshooting reference there either.

Where should I be looking to troubleshoot the issue? Is there a configuration parameter that maybe has the popups places outside of my screen (I did readjust new monitors/resolution).

Any tips would be greatly appreciated. I've been using Carenado for the time being, but would like to go back to A2A if I can get this working.

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Shift + NUM shortcuts stopped working

Post by Tomas Linnet »

Did you check to see if the you have the same problem with other aircraft?? If so you'll need to check in your sim setting. I'm still using FSX, and in FSX go to Setting/Customize Display Setting/Aircraft tab and then check the 2D panel tranparence, if its set to 100% you can't see it, I believe that P3D is more or less the same.
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Yes, Tomas is spot on with his suggestions. The 2-D panel transparency setting is something that catches a few people out, and simply having changed key assignments for the 2-D panel window show/hide functions is another (or assignment these shortcuts to something else in a different program). As Tomas says, the first thing to try is to simply open a 2-D panel window in a completely different aircraft and see if the same issue is present there too.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

capthobbes
Airman

Post by capthobbes »

Thanks Tomas and Nick.

The 2-D Panel transparency was set to 0%, but forgot that the keyboard shortcuts for Panels 1-9 were removed to prevent hardware conflicts with particular shortcuts.

Setting Panels 1-9 in the key settings did the trick and now have access to the panel menus.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”