Aircraft pitching hard left

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
monkeysuncle
Airman

Aircraft pitching hard left

Post by monkeysuncle »

Hello! I’m new to the forum. I’m going to be started my real world training soon and decided to try the 172 trainer to supplement. I have a GA cockpit that I’ve built. I use SPAD.Next to manage my flight control devices. I’ve created a unique profile on SPAD for this plane and have calibrated my yoke, pedals, etc. I’ve done a few quick test takeoffs just to verify my setup, skipping preflight. The plane starts, taxis, and takes off. Once airborne, the plane banks hard left and it is nearly impossible to get it to fly straight. Any idea? My yoke is calibrated correctly.

Thanks, Dave

Oliver Branaschky
Senior Airman

Re: Aircraft pitching hard left

Post by Oliver Branaschky »

Does that help: viewtopic.php?f=107&t=73237#p556923
?

:wink:

Cheers, and good luck with your flight training
Oliver

monkeysuncle
Airman

Post by monkeysuncle »

Thanks, so funny that someone had the exact issue just a few days before. I'll try the things in the thread and report back. I'm thinking I may want to allow the flight controls to be run by the sim rather than using SPAD for that. Just to eliminate any variable there. Thanks, Oliver!

Oliver Branaschky
Senior Airman

The important thing here is to add right rudder in the climb. The slower the climb, the more rudder input is needed. Of course it makes sense to eliminate any other causes, but a left turning/banking tendency right after takeoff is to be expected.

monkeysuncle
Airman

Post by monkeysuncle »

I bought this plane for real world training. So, it appears to me that I've made a great choice. There will be a lot of "unlearning" what I've learned from the stock aircraft. :)

Oliver Branaschky
Senior Airman

You’ve made the best choice :wink:

Prepare to not be flying on rails any more.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”