Strange isue with A2A plains and Orbx NZ only P#D V4.5

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
rlaycock
Airman First Class

Strange isue with A2A plains and Orbx NZ only P#D V4.5

Post by rlaycock »

Hi all

I am hoping someone can help with a issue I am having with P3D v4.5 I have also asked for help at LM and orbix but so far no help has been posted

The issue is ORBX NZ and A2A aircraft no longer like each other.

If I load P3D V4.5 select any airport in NZ and an A2A Cessna 172 the sim completes the loading screen then simply is black then Crash to desk top
However if I load A2A Cessna and an Australian airport (also ORBX) all works fine.
if I select Airplane Heaven DC3 with a NZ airport the sim loads fine
So what could it be about the A2A and Orbx NZ causing the crash to desktop.

What I have already tried.

Update windows
Update Nvidia driver
Uninstall and reinstall Orbx NZNI and Orbx NZSI
Uninstall and reinstall A2A Cessna 172
deleted the content of the shades folder.
reinstaled P3D V5 Client

But so far nothing has helped.

I also tried the A2A Cessna 182 at NZ which also CTD at NZAA

With my limited PC knowledge I have no clue as to what else I can try I also don't know if I should ask Orbx or A2A for help as it would appear to only be a combination

I have tried dozens of P3D loads and reboots last night and this morning all with the same result.

PC is a core I7 4790k, with 32 gig ram, and GTX 1080 TI, win 10 pro no overclocking etc
P3d 4.5 has run fine on the machine for many years
but last night this issue started.
P3D V5 is also on the machine (on a different boot drive and disk and is still working fine)

What I find baffling is that A2A C172 etc will load fine if not in NZ.
Other planes work in NZ (I just loaded the Cranado DO228 at NZAA Auckland and it loaded fine

Then the A2A bonanza at YSSY Sydney which also loaded fine

Then I tried the A2A C182 from NZWN Wellington. expecting it to crash
It has not crashed but also not working.
I have a green warning saying Flight sim x Sim Connect error as been detected restarting connection.
But the sim is effectively frozen I can move the mouse but that is all no panning etc

Could my issue be the sim connect?
If so any clue as to how I can fix it?

Its a real shame as I am from NZ and love GA planes especially A2A GA Planes

Any help or thoughts would be appreciated .

Best wishes

Bob

mcarusa
Airman Basic

Re: Strange isue with A2A plains and Orbx NZ only P#D V4.5

Post by mcarusa »

I don't have a solution but I can report a similar instance to yours.

I'm running Orbx on P3Dv4.5 with Active Sky and a DIY Simconnect app on a weak laptop (i5-6300U, 8GB, onboard graphics) and I've discovered an A2A exclusion zone that extends pole to pole between longitudes W75 and W22.5. Anytime an A2A aircraft ventures into this zone P3D crashes. No other publishers are affected. Turning off AS and the app doesn't fix the issue. I have no plans to update P3D and maybe someday when I have to reinstall everything I can check if Orbx is the issue.

I figured my laptop was probably to blame but your experience suggests otherwise. I've been able to fly into Australian and NZ airports without any issues. Whenever I run into issues (which is rare), I dump the shaders at C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders but that didn't help either.

I don't know when the issue developed. I spend all of my time doing Pacific island hops with vintage prop planes (A2A are the best). But my exclusion zone means most of South America, Greenland, Canada Maritimes and New England are off limits to A2A aircraft. I'm flying P-51-civ, Connie, and Comanche.

Good luck in your search for a solution.

Mark

iefbr14
Airman First Class

Post by iefbr14 »

rlaycock wrote: 09 Jun 2022, 02:47 ...
The issue is ORBX NZ and A2A aircraft no longer like each other.

If I load P3D V4.5 select any airport in NZ and an A2A Cessna 172 the sim completes the loading screen then simply is black then Crash to desk top
However if I load A2A Cessna and an Australian airport (also ORBX) all works fine.
if I select Airplane Heaven DC3 with a NZ airport the sim loads fine
So what could it be about the A2A and Orbx NZ causing the crash to desktop.
Did you try, loading a default aircraft (Raptor) first completly, and then the A2A plane after in a 2nd step?

mcarusa
Airman Basic

Post by mcarusa »

I created a new scenario, locating the default Raptor at an airport in Greenland, and everything was fine. Then I loaded an A2A aircraft and P3D crashed as expected. I will probably end up reloading everything here soon and I'll report on the results. Sounds like this is a one-off thing that affects just me.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”