C172 problems

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
benlorencz
Airman

C172 problems

Post by benlorencz »

I have downloaded and installed the C172 to FSX. Aircraft shows up in FSX however I have no joystick controls. The aircraft shows up as used in the maintenance hangar and has numerous issues, none of which I am able to fix. i cannot repair these issues or make the aircraft a new version. I can enter the preflight portion but cannot complete any of the checklist. Battery turns on but I have no power or avionics. Hat view works with joystick as well as trim. Exterior lights turn on and off. Cannot change weight or fuel in aircraft.
I have run the update.
I have windows 10, Direct X12, FSUIPC4, simconnect works with other programs and aircraft.
I have downloaded three times and reinstalled with no changes.
Only thing I noticed on the install is it will not download Direct X( message states " Setup could not download the file, please retry later.
Both service packs are installed in FSX.

Any help with this would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ben

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: C172 problems

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Ben,

did you run the updater on any of your installs?

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=57819

Can you let us know how you are loading into the flight and do you have joystick enabled in the sim. If it is disabled, then the controls wont work. If you cannot repair then that aspect does point toward a sim-connect failure and reinstalling the aircraft wont fix a platform issue in this regard.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

benlorencz
Airman

Post by benlorencz »

I ran the updater after installing. Joystick is enabled. I am wondering why the aircraft loads in a used state and I cannot fix any items, not sure if this would have anything to do with the joystick? Mouse button works but when I click on anything in the maintenance hangar nothing happens, I can turn switches on in the cockpit, lights come on but I have no battery power to turn anything else on. Not sure why I would have a sim-connect issue when it works with other applications. I tried loading a stock 172 first and then switch over once it was active, all controls worked in the stock aircraft and when I switched over it was the same as when I tried loading directly.

Sorry to go on about this, I would just like to get it up and running.

Thanks,
Ben

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes this sounds like sim connect is failing on loading, follow the steps Oracle posted in the other thread and that should repair your simconnect and hopefully avoid a full FSX Repair.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

benlorencz
Airman

Post by benlorencz »

I did as suggested and reinstalled FSX sim connect, rebooted and it made no difference. Simconnect works with other programs ( Tacview, Plan G, etc).

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

So you are still unable to repair anything in the 172 after the simconnect reinstall? Just checking, as it will still need to be repaired in the maintenance hangar. This is a headscratcher for me... I can't say I've ever seen this one not resolved this way on these forums.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

benlorencz wrote: 25 Jan 2023, 11:34 I did as suggested and reinstalled FSX sim connect, rebooted and it made no difference. Simconnect works with other programs ( Tacview, Plan G, etc).
Have you tried disabling those to get back to a default FSX so you can test?

Also remember that sim connect is a large part of the software it can be broken and still work with some apps just fine.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

benlorencz
Airman

Post by benlorencz »

Still not able to repair items in maintenace hangar. I never tried disabling other programs that run sim connect, I agree simconnect may be the problem but I don't understand why it won't wotk with C172. Seems to me it might be more of a download problem,

Thanks,
Ben

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Thats not how software works, if you download the software and it installs, then its all installed.

Its actually bad thing and can cause more issues and frustration to keep downloading and reinstalling as it has a habit of making issues harder to fix and in the case of FSX can really make the issue worse even. Its why we always advise against it unless we get to the troubleshooting step that requires such drastic methods.

thanks,
Lewis

benlorencz
Airman

Post by benlorencz »

Ok thanks, I'm not much of a computer guy.

benlorencz
Airman

Post by benlorencz »

The only other thing that happens is Direct X will not install in either the download or the update. Not sure if this has anything to do with my problems. I tried downloading from the website at Microsoft and I get the same message ( Setup could not download the file). I currently have Direct X 12.

Thanks,
Ben

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”