Aircraft Factory - Avro Anson MkI RELEASED

"Faithful Annie"
BiBa
Senior Airman

Re: Aircraft Factory - Avro Anson MkI RELEASED

Post by BiBa »

Hi Lewis,

I've just got this beautiful bird, and was so happy, I made two new cockpit views for all its Fans:
Post subject: Two new Cockpit views for the Avro Anson
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 10&t=38421
Last edited by BiBa on 19 Jan 2014, 18:11, edited 1 time in total.
BigBang - WIN 7-64. Memory: 16.00 GB. CPU: 4 x 3.00 Ghz (Overclocked). Main Board: M4A79XTD EVO (ASUSTeK). Bios: 20102. Video: 2 GB RAM card. Refresh rate: 119 Hz. 3D Monitor: ASUS VG278H. TrackIR-5. SAITEK X52/Yoke/Rudder/Trim wheel

BiBa
Senior Airman

Post by BiBa »

Before the new 1.1 update is released in a few days, here some very good tips for the Avro:

I think you know already about the cold start problematic with dead Radios, and that FSX old engine audio problem getting stucked when changing from external view back to cockpit.

In this 1.1 update please do not forget to embed the
a. Gunner-Tower into the virtual pilot too... I was always curious to see how does it look like sitting in the Gunman Tower, so I worked first on its parameters for an extra new CameraDefinition, but unfortunately found out later, that its inner 3D object does not exist in the Virtual Cockpit!
b. Also, back on the Radio Room wall shouldn't there be a sort of door / gap as entry for the Gunman Tower?
c.The Position lights are functionable, but either were forgotten to be modelled on the Wing's edge, or they do not exist on the real plane!

As a Sincere Simmer, I hate opening any 2D panel in the cockpit, especially when having a flight guest equipped with TrackIR on the second 3D monitor, it's simply embarrassing when you promise them a real adventure. So I thought of the following:

1. If instead of having the 2D map opened as window what a great idea it would be, if it's also embedded in [CameraDefinition.002] Title = "Navigator" in its pigeonhole/Map Case where it should be, and by clicking on it like in the Pilot seat, it opens as a 3D object just above the Map Case and fill up the whole gap of that big empty rectangular window frame right above the Airspeed & Altitude gauges plate, and the Map's buttons can be shifted to that plate, for more realism. It really doesn't take so much work to deepen it with one cm for 3D object effect. That would make the Navigator view exotically indispensable! Also the compass VOR and NDB gauges of the 2D Radio panel belong here, and the best place for them is the Airspeed & Altitude gauges plate.

2. That also goes for the 2D Radio panel. The best place is always where it belongs: [CameraDefinition.003] Title = "Radio Operator". The rectangular green Box on the right side of the radio has no switches or use and serves perfectly in form for mapping it in with the 2D Radio panel gauge. Greater would be to use the same FSX 3D Radio Gauge. For a faster update the 2D panel is ok, and in a later update, the 3D Radio.

3. Instead of opening the 2D Control panel to crank the engine, they could be embedded in a transparent / invisible 5 cm window placed directly above the Booster Coil Button also divided in right/left halves, where when coming near the Booster Coil Button or just by hovering around (3 cm radius) with the cursor, beneath it pops an active button with: Crank Engine left or right analogue to which side the cursor enters this transparent window. With it, there is no deformation of the authentical cockpit, and will keep the user faithful to its originality. (and don't forget to cut a hole in that transparent window above the Booster Coil Button for it!) In correspondence to the real engine start, where the pilot must give the order to the ground crew for engine start, an audio with: "Ground crew, crank left/right engine" would be thrilling.

The easiest alternative to these suggested virtual places is also to set an option in the control panel window to turn on and off these additif 3D Map, Radio, Compass VOR & NDB gauges and Crank-engine buttons. The User can decide with it how authentical he wants to keep the plane. At least he needs to do it just once for the flight beginning and not constantly.

4. Changing the Radio & NAV Frequencies in the 2D Radio Panel should take place in the right standby box and NOT into the active box left. This an old known quirk we usually find in free AI download.

For SiSi*s, it's VERY important to keep everything real and avoid as much as possible any use of 2D panel.
*Sincere Simmer

With those extras Gentlemen, this plane will be PERFECT. So postponing this update a few days for those amendments is no sacrifice, when the merit is so high!

Keep on with the good labour

Thanks
BigBang - WIN 7-64. Memory: 16.00 GB. CPU: 4 x 3.00 Ghz (Overclocked). Main Board: M4A79XTD EVO (ASUSTeK). Bios: 20102. Video: 2 GB RAM card. Refresh rate: 119 Hz. 3D Monitor: ASUS VG278H. TrackIR-5. SAITEK X52/Yoke/Rudder/Trim wheel

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

Hi everyone,
This looks to be my likely next plane.

Can I sit in different positions in this plane like the rear seat or the gun turret ?? Not seen the manual on the website or here so I can't tell from that unfortunately. Apologies in advanced if I missed it and my question is answered in the manual.
Accufeel V2, C172 , B377+L049+COTS, B17G, Piper Cub,Commanche,Cherrokee,Spitfire,Bonanza, P47,P40,both Mustangs
Aircraft Factory Avro Anson, Albatros DIII,Heinkel He-219, F4U Corsair, P51H Mustang, Avro 504, BF109
Watch my incompetent flying Twitch

speedy70
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by speedy70 »

The manual is downloadable free from the store !!!

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

speedy70 wrote:The manual is downloadable free from the store !!!
The "early" version of the manual is there. This implies it is not the latest. I have no idea how I missed it though. I checked there before posting. :?
Accufeel V2, C172 , B377+L049+COTS, B17G, Piper Cub,Commanche,Cherrokee,Spitfire,Bonanza, P47,P40,both Mustangs
Aircraft Factory Avro Anson, Albatros DIII,Heinkel He-219, F4U Corsair, P51H Mustang, Avro 504, BF109

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

[UPDATE]
Yes you can sit in the other seats.....yay.........

not the gunner seat though :(

new reply

Return to “Avro Anson MKI”