Congratulations and Thank You

"Faithful Annie"
new reply
clarkejw
Senior Airman

Congratulations and Thank You

Post by clarkejw »

Congratulations on the Anson! I bought it in a heartbeat. Perhaps THE unsung heroine of the war. The Anson still holds the distinction of being the most numerous aircraft on RAAF charge. My father did his twin-engine training on Ansons at 6 SFTS Mallala, in South Australia, and, at 92, still talks about what a lovely (if slow) aircraft it was to fly.
It would be wonderful if someone could do an RAAF paint scheme.

Regards to all,

John

stiz
BDG

Re: Congratulations and Thank You

Post by stiz »

Glad you like it :)

lucas
Staff Sergeant

Post by lucas »

Thanks, John!

airworthy
Airman

Post by airworthy »

G'day

The moment I discovered this release (not more than an hour ago) I had to have it.

My first flight as a teenaged Air Cadet was in an Anson, back in the early '50's. Our aircraft was fitted with seating (no armament :( ) and we flew a triangular course from Kenley - Farnborough - Beachy Head - Kenley.
I can remember how thrilled I was at the time...........maybe this model will regenerate my long lost youth :roll:

Just occurred to me .............. I'll re-fly that first taste of flight and watch the years fall away :D

VH-MAL
Senior Airman

Post by VH-MAL »

Thanks for this gem Stiz and Lucas.

I placed this post elsewhere, but I think it is more appropriate here:

My father was in RAAF during WWII and was stationed at a couple of airfields where the Anson was operating, most notably Mount Gambier where they were used as training aircraft, mainly for the Air Observers School. On one occasion someone spotted what they thought was a Japanese submarine off shore, so a flight of Ansons were armed with bombs and headed off to attack the suspected vessel - all that was found the next day was a dead whale!

There is an Anson being restored at the Aviation Museum here in Adelaide, but it is unlikely that it will ever be returned to a fully airworthy example.

It is a real pleasure to be able to 'fly' the Anson once more in Australian skies.

Thanks again from my Dad (now 90) and me - it is instilling some great memories for him, particularly the Radio Operators compartment with which he was very familiar.

Mal

new reply

Return to “Avro Anson MKI”