Two questions on Avro Anson MKI

"Faithful Annie"
new reply
BiBa
Senior Airman

Two questions on Avro Anson MKI

Post by BiBa »

I've just purchased the Avro Anson MKI. Nice plane.

I've read in the manual:
- All the cockpit instruments are clickable.

Where are the Battery & Generator switches in the Cockpit?
They are also not in between the 33 cited picture items in the manual.
Please don't tell me the original also doesn't have them, they got to be there somewhere!

Shouldn't also the Gun Cocking Handle be operable?

Thanks
BigBang - WIN 7-64. Memory: 16.00 GB. CPU: 4 x 3.00 Ghz (Overclocked). Main Board: M4A79XTD EVO (ASUSTeK). Bios: 20102. Video: 2 GB RAM card. Refresh rate: 119 Hz. 3D Monitor: ASUS VG278H. TrackIR-5. SAITEK X52/Yoke/Rudder/Trim wheel

lucas
Staff Sergeant

Re: Two questions on Avro Anson MKI

Post by lucas »

The generator (s) were linked to the port and starboard engines. Once the engine was run, the generator was started. The engine on the left was charging the battery responsible for providing electricity for the radio stack. The engine on the right was providing electricity for the battery which was feeding the aircraft's light system. This is why there are no switches around. Only when the radio stack was installed, the radio operator had a kind of emergency switch to turn in on. Also, when grounded with the engines off, the electrical installation could be plugged in to test the radio (but not the lights)
Please keep in mind that the AF planes can be a bit simplified and mostly have stock FSX systems. This is why the switches were added to the panel only. In the 1.1 update which should be available in a couple of days the battery switch was removed. As for the cocking handle, it was Stephen's decision not to animate it. Let me tell you, the Albatros D.III (Oef) which I was responsible off does not have this feature as well.

Best regards,
Lucas

BiBa
Senior Airman

Post by BiBa »

lucas wrote:...In the 1.1 update which should be available in a couple of days...
For the new update, there are some missing objects and other good ideas on page 2 in this link to follow up:
Aircraft Factory - Avro Anson MkI RELEASED
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 2&start=15
BigBang - WIN 7-64. Memory: 16.00 GB. CPU: 4 x 3.00 Ghz (Overclocked). Main Board: M4A79XTD EVO (ASUSTeK). Bios: 20102. Video: 2 GB RAM card. Refresh rate: 119 Hz. 3D Monitor: ASUS VG278H. TrackIR-5. SAITEK X52/Yoke/Rudder/Trim wheel

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

The 1.1 update will remove the battery switch ??? Why ?

I downloaded the update but I did not install it yet however I still don't have a battery switch. I understand the AF is simplified but how come no battery switch ? That doesn't make sense.
Accufeel V2, C172 , B377+L049+COTS, B17G, Piper Cub,Commanche,Cherrokee,Spitfire,Bonanza, P47,P40,both Mustangs
Aircraft Factory Avro Anson, Albatros DIII,Heinkel He-219, F4U Corsair, P51H Mustang, Avro 504, BF109
Watch my incompetent flying Twitch

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

BiBa wrote:
lucas wrote:...In the 1.1 update which should be available in a couple of days...
For the new update, there are some missing objects and other good ideas on page 2 in this link to follow up:
Aircraft Factory - Avro Anson MkI RELEASED
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 2&start=15
Would have been nice but doesn't look like they are updating this anymore after 1.1
I have not installed the 1.1 update because I saw it removed the "battery switch" in one of the threads here but the things is I could never find the battery switch in the first place on the cockpit.

I saw the explanation by Lucas above. This is ok but the problem is the checklist shows it so you spend time reading and looking around the cockpit for something you can't do. (Yes I know it's there for accuracy but it should at least be mentioned in the manual).

Odd how this is now on the cockpit panel as indeed you said as well.

The biggest omission on the manual is how to start the right engine. You need the right mouse button to start it. I could not find that in the manual.......ouch..... :shock:
Accufeel V2, C172 , B377+L049+COTS, B17G, Piper Cub,Commanche,Cherrokee,Spitfire,Bonanza, P47,P40,both Mustangs
Aircraft Factory Avro Anson, Albatros DIII,Heinkel He-219, F4U Corsair, P51H Mustang, Avro 504, BF109
Watch my incompetent flying Twitch

new reply

Return to “Avro Anson MKI”