To Austria! OE-DSL & OE-DKT

The Low Wing Wonder
new reply
Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

To Austria! OE-DSL & OE-DKT

Post by Nick - A2A »

Austrian Cherokee flyers have had to be very patient - there's been a bit of a shortage of paint schemes from the Land der Berge! :?

OE-DSL was requested back in May by community member 'McChester'. This livery actually appears on a 1973 Archer, so it's cheating a bit! A version for the A2A Cherokee is finally available here.

Keen-eyed observers will notice I've taken a bit of artistic licence with one aspect of the paint scheme (or should that be the pants scheme :wink: )

OE-DKT has been requested by 'MaxZ' and 'Martin99'. This one's cheating a lot, as it's based on a '78 Archer 2 with a tapered wing! :shock: Anyway, the download link is here.

Both repaints come fitted with the upholstery pictured below which seems to more-or-less match photos I've seen of the real aircraft. The colour is - let's be honest here - beige! :| If beige isn't your thing, I've included instructions in the readme to revert back to the standard interior. Alternatively, Tim Scharnhop ('TimHH') included a custom interior with his beautiful repaint of N2442C which I think is a slightly more fetching shade of tan.

Bis bald! :D
Nick

...Edited to reduce the image file sizes a bit. Hadn't realised about the Photobucket bandwidth limit. :| (and what a stupid name for an image hosting service! Whoever keeps their photos in a bucket? :roll: )
Last edited by Nick - A2A on 18 Aug 2014, 12:42, edited 1 time in total.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: To Austria! OE-DSL & OE-DKT

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Cracking for the Austrian flyers. I must admit I do like some Austrian flying myself.
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

McChester
Airman

Post by McChester »

Oh my god Nick, you made my day! The repaints are simply amazing and I just love that I will now be able to fly my beloved DSL through the virtual skies. I have over 100 hours on the real DSL and she is not only a beauty from the outside but also amazing to fly - just like the A2A Piper! Thank you so much Nick.

And if anyone in this forum is planning a trip to the real or the virtual Austria, drop me a PM, I will answer you everything you need to know - from pilots and from ATC perspective :)

bis bald!

Alex :)

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Alex - glad you like the repaint of DSL and thanks for the kind comments - you're very welcome! :) It certainly is a smart looking paint scheme that she wears: hope you don't mind too much that I decided to try and 'improve' the design on the main wheel fairings. It's probably a very bad habit to get into! :roll:

I'm also pretty sure that the interior on the real aeroplane is nicer than the shade of beige that I ended up with, but I still getting to grips with some of the editing tools in Photoshop...

All the best,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Tim-HH
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tim-HH »

Hi Nick,

beautiful work once again! And the interior looks excellent too :D

Greetings
Tim
Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

Martin99
Airman First Class

Post by Martin99 »

Hi Nick,

thanks a lot for those gorgeous liveries. :D

Flying in Austria with the wonderfull Austria Professional HD East Scenery and your liveries is now more realistic as in the past.

Cheers,
Martin

MaxZ
Senior Airman

Post by MaxZ »

Nick, I love you. Thank you very much!!!!!! :D :D :D
This is great work!
Public service announcement: You put an aircraft in a hangar, not a hanger.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the feedback chaps! :)

A quick fictional German re-reg of this one following a request from forum member 'Dooga'. It's available here.

...Edit: sorry - a bit repetitive now, but here's an Aussie version of the same paint-scheme as requested by community member 'Neon'. The download link is here.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Simicro
Senior Airman

Post by Simicro »

Nick - A2A wrote: 11 Aug 2014, 12:21 Austrian Cherokee flyers have had to be very patient - there's been a bit of a shortage of paint schemes from the Land der Berge! :?

OE-DSL was requested back in May by community member 'McChester'. This livery actually appears on a 1973 Archer, so it's cheating a bit! A version for the A2A Cherokee is finally available here.

Keen-eyed observers will notice I've taken a bit of artistic licence with one aspect of the paint scheme (or should that be the pants scheme :wink: )

OE-DKT has been requested by 'MaxZ' and 'Martin99'. This one's cheating a lot, as it's based on a '78 Archer 2 with a tapered wing! :shock: Anyway, the download link is here.

Both repaints come fitted with the upholstery pictured below which seems to more-or-less match photos I've seen of the real aircraft. The colour is - let's be honest here - beige! :| If beige isn't your thing, I've included instructions in the readme to revert back to the standard interior. Alternatively, Tim Scharnhop ('TimHH') included a custom interior with his beautiful repaint of N2442C which I think is a slightly more fetching shade of tan.

Bis bald! :D
Nick

...Edited to reduce the image file sizes a bit. Hadn't realised about the Photobucket bandwidth limit. :| (and what a stupid name for an image hosting service! Whoever keeps their photos in a bucket? :roll: )
Hi Nick,

Your OE-DSL paint is gorgeous. Many thanks for sharing.

Can you please say what I need to do if I want to have the OE-DSL external paint BUT keep the grey interior of the default A2A N5673S?
P3Dv4.5 - V35B - C172 - Cherokee
i5 4670K @4.3 Ghz - 32 Gb DDR3 - GTX 1080 8 Gb - 2K @165 Hz G-Sync - Win 7 x64
Microsoft Force Feedback 2 modded with CH Fighterstick - VKB Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV Pedals

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Simicro,

You're welcome! Glad to see someone is still finding and using some of the Cherokee repaints I did a few years ago. :)

If you want to keep the original interior, simply delete the files 'vc1.dds' through 'vc7.dds' along with 'pa28_180_c.dds' that are included in the repaint folder as mentioned in the readme.

Then, to get the grey blue default interior, copy the "texture.cfg" file from the default "texture.factory_blue" folder and place it in the "texture.OE_DSL" folder, overwriting the copy that's already there.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Simicro
Senior Airman

Post by Simicro »

Thank you Nick for your instructions. Much appreciated.

I should add that I like your livery because it is classic and classy at the same time :D

For your information, I became aware of the livery by watching this YT video

And then I googled with those keywords: 'A2A Cherokee OE-DSL'. And that's how I found this thread!
P3Dv4.5 - V35B - C172 - Cherokee
i5 4670K @4.3 Ghz - 32 Gb DDR3 - GTX 1080 8 Gb - 2K @165 Hz G-Sync - Win 7 x64
Microsoft Force Feedback 2 modded with CH Fighterstick - VKB Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV Pedals

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180”