Flight Training - Saved Flights & Accusim

The Low Wing Wonder
new reply
shortspecialbus
Staff Sergeant

Flight Training - Saved Flights & Accusim

Post by shortspecialbus »

Hi,

After 25 years of flightsimming, I'm looking at finally doing some actual sim-flight instruction in flightsim. I'm a pretty capable sim-pilot, but I never really did a lot of the stuff I should do, so I decided to pick up that Flight Training with FSX book. It's pretty good, but it uses a lot of saved flights with the aircraft in the air already. What I was hoping to do for many of these, since I hate the default aircraft and I don't have a license for the A2A 172 in P3D (just FSX, and I've abandoned that) is load the flight and switch over to the Cherokee (or the A2A cub for certain flights, maybe the 182 for others, but mainly the Cherokee since it's probably my favorite right now) right away.

I believe to do this, I'll need to disable Accusim (temporarily) and that should probably eliminate most of the issues I would have. The questions are:

1.) Should I do anything else? Or is this just a poor idea?
2.) What do I lose without Accusim enabled? Mainly, do I lose any accurate flight dynamics? I'm fine (and prefer, in this case) to lose wear and tear and such, but I don't want to lose flight dynamics if possible.

The alternative, which isn't terrible, is to just take off nearby and fly myself to the spot, which is more realistic and not out of the question, but there's times where I'd like to reload in the air and retry something. That works OK if I can make my own saved flights and load them properly, but honestly I haven't done that since FS9, so I have no idea how current addon aircraft would take to such a thing.

I'm actually kind of looking forward to this - I started off running and will probably have some bad habits to unlearn.

Thanks,

-stefan

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180”