Fuel Tanks and running out

The Low Wing Wonder
new reply
Mantock
Staff Sergeant

Fuel Tanks and running out

Post by Mantock »

Very interesting video on fuel in real life tanks, does A2A go into this much depth when calculating how much physical fuel is in the tanks and how its feeding to the engine?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xISTKkLdSJU
ImageImage

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Fuel Tanks and running out

Post by Tomas Linnet »

On the Spitfire it’s mentioned on the fuel gauge, can’t remember the exact words, but I reckon it’s simulated. Unfortunately my sim pit is down for maintenance at the moment, but the 182 really sags when loaded. Would be easy to see if the change in attitude shows on the gauges. How much of a difference is there when dipping the tanks with an empty aircraft and a loaded?
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

Yes is the simple answer
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

ClipperLuna
Technical Sergeant

Post by ClipperLuna »

I was wondering this myself so I did a quick test in the 182 this weekend. With the airplane sitting static on the ground, I put 30 gallons in each tank and loaded up the baggage areas and rear seats as much as I could, then unloaded them. The tail went up and down quite a lot but this didn't seem to make any difference in what the fuel gauges indicated.

Maybe this is one of the new things that will be simulated in the upcoming Bonanza?

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

We actually have never taken notice where the sump is located in the fuel tanks, but I can say from experience this does matter and can actually have a major impact when dealing with a real fuel out situation. Rob is in the master of the fuel system and I'll run this by him. This could be fun.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

sahararover
Airman

Post by sahararover »

Was this ever addressed? Would be great to have it replicated in the sim.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

I've never noticed this difference in the Comanche, but that doesn't mean it's not there. However for us to do this properly we would need to do some tests, specifically adding fuel and pitching the airplane and reading the fuel levels. Right now we're just not at that point to add extra items like this to an existing aircraft simply due to our work load in completing what we are committed too atm.

What I can say is, for the airplanes we are developing now and have access too, we will add this to the features so thanks for this heads up as it will result in a deeper simulation.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180”