Always Prop Strike at airports with steep incline

The Low Wing Wonder
rvxftx
Airman

Always Prop Strike at airports with steep incline

Post by rvxftx »

Hello, I have several add-on airports from LLH Creations, some that have a steep incline i.e. Courchevel, LFLJ, 18.5%. Is there a way to disable this so I can use this neat little airplane at these airports?

Thanks

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Re: Always Prop Strike at airports with steep incline

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hello and welcome to the forum,

You can disable damage detection in the sim under realism settings under "crashes and damage". You can also turn off damage in the A2A model under "Shift+3" menu at the bottom right side - Damage - ON/OFF.

In example if you disable the damage in the the sim it will not detect any collisions with the ground and other aircraft. The damage control in the A2A model will not apply any spoils to your aircraft, if any is caught up from the sim.

--
Vladi
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

rvxftx
Airman

Post by rvxftx »

Thanks for the reply Vladi, even with these damages turned off it still occurs, the aforementioned airports with the steep gradient, there is one way in and one way out, land going upslope (not a problem), takeoff going downslope and this is when the prop is destroyed every time.

Randy

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi Randy,

I understand now. Might be a limitation of the sim (you did not specify what you use) FSX by default has all its airports horizontal.
However I have landed the default FSX Trike and Cessna many times outside designated runways where there are no fences, trees and houses and there the terrain is uneven and there was no problem.
Have you tried with a default aircraft, non A2A one? Might be the 3rd party airport mesh, not sure, you may want to raise this issue at their support forums as well.

--
Vladi
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

rvxftx
Airman

Post by rvxftx »

Hi Vladi, sorry I should have specified, I use P3D v4.4, and have no problem with default or other add-on aircraft, I suspect that the way the Cherokee is coded it registers a prop strike when it reaches a specified pitch down while on the ground and these airports with significant downslopes trigger it even though there isn't actually a prop strike.

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hello Randy,

I cannot tell for the Cherokee. We need an answer from the A2A team on this, why it is happening specifically with the Piper PA28.

--
Vlady

TreeTops
Master Sergeant

Post by TreeTops »

The A2A version of the Cherokee is known for prop strike sensitivity. You can't use it on rough airstrips like Orbx PNG grass strips.
Cheers
Trev

SFC_Tako
Airman

Post by SFC_Tako »

Any way to disable the damage model for the prop would be greatly appreciated.
It's the same exact issue for everyone, roll downhill (smooth surface makes no difference) and prop gets wrecked immediately.
Just disable the prop's collision model or whatever (I know, it might not be that easy).
Comanche, Skylane, Cherokee, Bonanza, Texan, Spitfire
P-51, P-40

rvxftx
Airman

Post by rvxftx »

don't hold your breath, my advice, if you recently purchased, ask for a refund, plenty of other options out there, same topic is on their technical support forum

SFC_Tako
Airman

Post by SFC_Tako »

This is a MINOR issue for me. And I don't wanna trade in my A2A Cherokee for some amateur night Cherokee.
Comanche, Skylane, Cherokee, Bonanza, Texan, Spitfire
P-51, P-40

rvxftx
Airman

Post by rvxftx »

then why even post, should be crystal clear they're not going to do anything about it

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Guys - we're still rolling out updates for the P3Dv4 product line as and when possible, but we have to balance addressing small issues such as this one with working on new projects. In other words, just because we haven't issued an update to mitigate this behaviour yet, it doesn't mean we never will.

Anyway, thanks for the reminder. We'll take another look at this as soon as we can.

Kind regards,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

rvxftx
Airman

Post by rvxftx »

I retract my previous post with apologies to A2A, issue has been resolved with their latest update. THANK YOU!

Randy

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

:a2a: 's support is second to none!!!
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Cheers guys! :)

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180”