Panel configuration

The Low Wing Wonder
new reply
mryan75
Airman

Panel configuration

Post by mryan75 »

Hi all,

I have a real-world Cherokee with a, shall we say, somewhat original panel configuration. Like many 1960's Cherokees, it is unique, as there was really no standardized panel layout until the early 70's.

Is there a panel configuration program that works for the A2A 180? Or a standard method of doing this in P3D?

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

(Funny side story: I have my A2A Cherokee set up as much like my actual Cherokee as possible, for IFR training, to fly approaches. The other day I was climbing out in the real thing and accidentally hit my push-to-talk radio button on the yoke to trim the airplane - in my A2A plane, I have RealTrim Professional, and the PTT button is mapped as my trim :D. The controller heard me say "Pitch for 90 and trim")

Scav
Senior Airman

Re: Panel configuration

Post by Scav »

No answer to your question, but wanted to share probably the funniest thing I've heard yet doing ground service at the airport I work at. I was proceeding across the field to service a fuel customer when I heard:

Aircraft: ". . . Tower, Warrior XXX is holding short runway three two . . . aww shi--"
Tower: "Warrior XXX, you're on ground. Contact tower."
Aircraft: ". . ."

PA24 :: PA28 :: C182T :: BE35
"Tell me, have you ever met a Scav up close? Of course not . . ."

mryan75
Airman

Post by mryan75 »

Scav wrote: 03 Apr 2019, 08:43 No answer to your question, but wanted to share probably the funniest thing I've heard yet doing ground service at the airport I work at. I was proceeding across the field to service a fuel customer when I heard:

Aircraft: ". . . Tower, Warrior XXX is holding short runway three two . . . aww shi--"
Tower: "Warrior XXX, you're on ground. Contact tower."
Aircraft: ". . ."
That's funny. Things don't always go as planned when you hit that PTT button!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

rule of thumb is that its not possible to change the panel in the sim. You didn't mention what you wanted to change though??

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

mryan75
Airman

Post by mryan75 »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 03 Apr 2019, 12:45 Hello,

rule of thumb is that its not possible to change the panel in the sim. You didn't mention what you wanted to change though??

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
Hey Lewis,

Thanks for getting back to me. Basically I'd like to rearrange the location of the instruments in the 6-pack to match where they are in my airplane. Is this possible?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

unfortunately thats not possible in the, in sim 3d model cockpit itself.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

mryan75
Airman

Post by mryan75 »

That's okay, thanks for the reply!

FlyingsCool
Airman First Class

Post by FlyingsCool »

Egads, of all the instruments, the six pack should be common among all planes....

Maybe you could rearrange the instruments in your plane to match those in A2A's??

;)

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

The "six pack" wasn't really a standard until the late seventies if I'm not mistaken. When flying older aircraft you definitely have to unlearn the "standard" instrument scan.

I believe military aircraft generally had a standard resembling the six pack for obvious benefits in training, proficiency and safety. I suspect it migrated over to the GA fleet with time.

One some of the older panels I am familiar with, like my friend's 170B, there simply is no room to mount a six pack. The below is very similar to his panel, except he has a MAP where this one has an AI.

https://08e5f536-a-62cb3a1a-s-sites.goo ... edirects=0

Every now and then I accidentally transmit on guard because I'm always monitoring the frequency on COM2. It always cracks me up to be serenaded by the Guard Police over the airwaves. For the unitiated they usually perform A cappella "Guard, grd, guaaaaard, ggggggguuuuuuuuaaaaaarddddddd!" :)
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180”