Cherokee Braking

The Low Wing Wonder
new reply
FreeBird
Airman First Class

Cherokee Braking

Post by FreeBird »

Hi Guys I got a new set of rudder pedals (Ruddo) everything works great but I find the Cherokee doesn't brake as fast as most other planes. Is this a characteristic of the Cherokee? I'm just wondering. Josh

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Cherokee Braking

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

None tech issue response;
If comparing to default level aircraft remember braking tends to be on or off and is a relaxed realism/arcade style simulation.

The braking on your Accu-sim Cherokee is a little more indepth, as part of our flight test program some brake testing and ground movements are measured. Also your brakes are somewhat dynamic, as the brake wears your aircraft will brake like your aircraft, and be different from every one else's just like real life.Over time this can result in a brake in balance meaning heavy braking can cause a slight turning tenancy if not applied correctly and counteracted etc.

Tech issue response;
Double check your control settings to make sure you are getting the full 0-100% throw off the controls. You will wanna check your mappings to make sure there are no conflicts etc in the various softwares, for example if using FSUIPC remember to check there + the default FSX/P3D control settings etc.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

FreeBird
Airman First Class

Re: Cherokee Braking

Post by FreeBird »

My brakes all work fine . It just seamed that my Comanche and Bonanza brakes seemed stronger. With the new pedals using Load cells for braking it is a much different feel than my old crosswinds which is why I noticed it.

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180”