(SOLVED) No Sounds in VC

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
SteamingSpoon
Airman Basic

(SOLVED) No Sounds in VC

Post by SteamingSpoon »

Hello,
I recently installed the Accu-Sim Cherokee 180 into P3D v4 (Hotfix 3) and cannot seem to get any sounds (internal and external) to work with the airplane. I've scoured these forums for potential fixes and tried almost everything, but nothing seems to be fixing the problem. So far, I've:
-Made sure volume is set to "100" in the shift+3 menu
-Made sure my default sound playback device is selected in the Accu-Sim Sound Menu (addons section)
-Made sure my sound device is selected as default under the Windows 10 sound devices menu
-Checked that the P3D sound device is set to "Default playback device" (P3D settings)
-Tried to reinstall simconnect through P3D/redist/interface/FSX-SP2-XPACK/retail/lib/simconnect.msi
-Tried to reinstall the airplane
-Deleted/renamed the sound.dat file in documents/A2A
-Tried restarting my PC

However, none of these have been able to restore any sounds in the sim. The only sound I get is the battery/gyro sound which I believe comes from the P3D by default anyway. I use a USB headset listed as "Speakers (USB PNP Audio Device)" in both windows as well as the Accu-Sim Sound Menu. I am also running the latest version of the Cherokee as the installer automatically initiated its installation when I ran the installer. Any help would be appreciated!
Last edited by SteamingSpoon on 24 Aug 2021, 16:56, edited 1 time in total.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: No Sounds in VC (Tried Everything in here)

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello, sorry to hear you're problems and thanks for posting the detailed info above.

You have indeed already tried a lot of the basic troubleshooting steps we'd recommend. One quick question though: is the USB headset the only audio device connected to your PC, or do you have another playback device you can test with such as regular speakers or headphones that plug into the audio port?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

SteamingSpoon
Airman Basic

Re: No Sounds in VC (Tried Everything in here)

Post by SteamingSpoon »

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the quick response. I actually managed to find another topic whose OP said that the problem came down to an installation in a OneDrive (Documents/P3D v4 Add-Ons) folder. I uninstalled and reinstalled the airplane in a non-OneDrive folder (Program Files) and everything works as intended now! I've already flown one flight and I love this Cherokee. You guys have done a fantastic job on it.

I do recommend you guys add this OneDrive issue in the troubleshooting tips in case anyone else were to encounter it.

Thank You!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: (SOLVED) No Sounds in VC

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Noted, ill add it to the FAQ, Thanks for the feedback

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”