Aircraft doesn’t fully load

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
mezepeda1
Airman Basic

Aircraft doesn’t fully load

Post by mezepeda1 »

Aircraft doesn’t load fully during the preview in free flight menu. And doesn’t load when enter the sim. Pilot is show outside the fuselage, no wings, not tail

I have a picture but don’t know how to upload

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Aircraft doesn’t fully load

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello and welcome to the A2A forums.

It's hard to be sure as you haven't mentioned which host sim you're using, but the problem you describe could be caused by using a disk version of FSX without the two free service packs installed.

Please can you confirm exactly which base simulator you have installed?

Thanks,
Nick

P.S. You can attach pictures using the "attachments" tab which is just below the message text.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Profs72
Airman

Post by Profs72 »

mezepeda1 wrote: 28 Sep 2021, 02:26 Aircraft doesn’t load fully during the preview in free flight menu. And doesn’t load when enter the sim. Pilot is show outside the fuselage, no wings, not tail
As I’ve had something similar happen to me:
If you’ve modified your shaders (with tomatoshade or similar) at all, try restoring them. I’ve found that sometimes, tomatoshade can break the shaders. It causes models with any sort of normal map/specular map/metal map/etc don’t load.
If you’re on FSX, not P3D, this is probably irrelevant though.

mezepeda1
Airman Basic

Post by mezepeda1 »

Yupp I figured it out, ended up finding an old thread. It said to install FSX acceleration. I did that and it all works now.

I just had FSX disk version installed. To fix the situation you need to either install 2 free Service packs (SP1 and SP2), or install acceleration. Which is what i did.

For a better picture of what was happening. On my free flight screen, it would show no wings, my crew of 2 sitting outside floating in air behind the plane. And when I would load. It would show exactly how it showed in the free flight screen

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Glad you got it sorted, and yes the symptom is normally because the users FSX has not been updated, though its a lot rarer these days as most FSX users have moved over to Steam edition with has everything included in one single install. Happy flying in the virtual skies. If anything else crops up please do feel free to post away on the forums and we will do our best to help.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”