Cherokee General Troubleshooting FAQ

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Cherokee General Troubleshooting FAQ

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Troubleshooting FAQ

First, make sure you are on the latest Accu-Sim Update:
http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum/vie ... 23&t=41279

In Game SETTINGS
Realism:
Flight model sliders - FULL RIGHT
Enable Auto-mixture – OFF
Auto-rudder - OFF
Engine stress damages engine - OFF

Graphics:
Advanced Animations - ON

Controls:
Sensitivities (all controllers) - FULL RIGHT
Null Zones (all controllers) - FULL LEFT

Here is the start of a Troubleshooting FAQ for new users. If anyone has anything to add, please just post and I will add it.

REQUIREMENTS
Your Microsoft Flight Simulator X must either up to Microsoft FSX Service Pack 2 or the Microsoft Acceleration expansion pack installed.
If you do not have either, then first install Microsoft Flight Simulator X Service Pack 1:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/d ... aae2f0409e
Then the Service Pack 2:
http://www.microsoft.com/Products/Games ... Pack2.aspx
(The Windows user must have ADMIN rights before installing the product)

OR

Lockheed Martin users must have P3D Version 1 or 2 updated to 1.4 or 2.2 depending upon the platform.

Manual
The Manual can be found under your start menu >> all programs >> A2A Simulations.
If a windows 8 user the manual is under the start screen >> show all apps.

P3D - Installed but nothing works and all is broken!?

P3DV2 sometimes wont install the required simconnect files. No worries though as they are provided by Lockheed in the following directory;
\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib

For more information please see;
http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/?mingle ... pic&t=5547

Reality XP GPS
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 13&t=40127

FSUIPC INFO
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 16&t=40130

COCKPIT BUILDERS + HARDWARE CONTROL INFO
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 16&t=40603

CRASHES or CTD's
When I select the Cherokee and choose FLY, FSX crashes

1. We have had one report of this with the Spitfire, and this was related to Windows sound driver conflicts. Check this thread:
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 4&start=15

2. You must have the latest directX installed, which automatically runs at the end of the install. If you chose not to run it, you can run it from here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/d ... laylang=en

For those on slower broadband or offline machines you can download the following 96MB package for transfer to any offline and slow connection PC (full redistributable package for Direct-X 9.0C (June 2010):
http://download.microsoft.com/download/ ... redist.exe

Aircraft configuration application
Application already running error message

If you receive this message and are running AVG anti virus you must add an exception for the program in your anti virus software. Thanks to community member 'vangyver' for the solution;

AVG / Options / Advance settings / Exceptions / Add exception / Select exception Type / "Application or File Selected" / Browse to folder / "Microsoft Flight Simulator X" / "A2A" / "Cherokee180" / "Tools" / "Cherokee180 Aircraft Configurator.exe "

Under Use this exception for: Select all 3 of the following:
1.) Resident Shield
2.) Manual and Scheduled Scan
3.) Identity Protection
Select OK. Select Apply. Click Yes. Then select OK again.

GENERAL

I get a NIL value error
This can be due to a corrupt flight. Once you have it loaded properly, try saving the flight as default, over-writing the default flight you have.

After I takeoff, I do not have full rudder control
Go to the Realism menu (Aircraft -> Realism Settings) and make absolutely sure that the Autorudder is NOT checked

Passenger's X Issue
1. http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 62&t=19341
“When you star loading passengers, Click on "Flight & aircraft settings" and in "Disable payload weight and fuel update" select "weight and fuel disabled". This will mean that fuel and weight load will be read from whatever you set up with accusim, and not default FSP X payload model. So you center of gravity and other parameters will be correct.

SOUND

Volume going down over a period of time
From community member 'Oracle427'
This is a Windows feature. The steps are for Windows 7, but they are similar for XP)
Right click on the speaker icon on your task tray and open the "Playback Devices".
Open the Communications Tab
There are 4 choices for what to do when Windows detects communications activity.
Select "Do Nothing".
Click OK and your problem should go away.

My sound is stuttering
Make an exception for the entire Microsoft FSX install directory in your anti-virus software.
If you have Microsoft Security Essentials, be sure to make the exception as follows:

MISC

I cannot see my 2D Panels
Open your SETTINGS / CUSTOMIZE / AIRCRAFT and make sure your 2-D Panel Transparency is moved all the way to the left (0%).

I have tons of engine smoke that won't go away
- In Game Settings / Customize, check that Auto-mixture – OFF
- You may have accidentally hit the "i" key (smoke key in FSX)

My F12 view does not show a top down view
To have the best possible pre-flight, we had to change the event F12 casts. Currently this is a global effect which is only triggered when the C172 is loaded We're still looking at ways around this, but not sure this is possible.

UNRESOLVED ISSUE
Miscosoft FSX Simconnect is necessary for all advanced programming to work properly. It can get corrupt from time to time and needs to be restored.

How to fix SimConnect:
You can test if simconnect is working by opening up the default Cessna 172 and check to see if you have gauges. If you do not have gauges, then SimConnect is probably not working.

AUTOMATIC
- Run the Microsoft DirectX installer here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/downloa ... x?id=34429
- Run the Microsoft FSX Simconnect installer here: http://a2asimulations.com/public/downlo ... onnect.msi
- Reboot your computer

MANUAL
To fix Simconnect, do the following (thanks to Aerosoft for posting these instructions):
- Go to the Control Panel / Add-remove programs.
- Ensure You have "show all updates" enabled.
- Find and select "Microsoft Flight Simultor X SP2".
- Click "Remove" and confirm that You will unistall SP2.

At this point You might not be able to find Your "Microsoft Flight Simultor X" entry in the Add/remove list, so.......

-Close the Add/remove program window and open it again.
-Find and select "Microsoft Flight Simultor X SP1".
-Click "Remove" and confirm that You will uninstall SP1 (might require FSX Disk 1).
-Go to this folder:

C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\

-Delete these entries 3:
x86_Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.60905.0_....
x86_Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.61242.0_....
x86_Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.61259.0_....

- Insert Your "Microsoft Flight Simultor X" Disk 1.
- Run Setup from the root folder on the CD.
- Select "Repair" and ok. It can take a longtime to finish and progrees might seem as if it has haltet. Just wait until it finishes.
- Install SP1.
- Install SP2.

Simconnect has now been restored.

EZDOK USERS
From community member 'Treetops';

In the aircraft.cfg file, cut the eazidok camera entry at the bottom and paste in just above the camera.0 entry. Renumber all the camera numbers to be consecutive. 0,1,2 etc. Backup the file first.

Remember to repeat after each new update where the cfg is replaced with a new one.

This works perfectly. Start in the vc as intended, then start clicking the right arrow in the walkaround menu shift 8

Community member Nick has also created this post to help users of the latest Ezdok software;
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 23&t=51080

Triple Monitor FSX users
From community member 'Shousa';

There are a few settings that must be changed in FSX for this mode to work correctly in FSX with 3 screens. This is explained by community member and triple screen user 'Shousa' in the following link;
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 51#p269851

FSUIPC TRIM SETTINGS
Some users like to have faster trim as the speed can be affected if mapping through for example FSUIPC. For how to edit these values please see the video walk through here;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLicQD-jndY

LAST RESORT
If you are one of the very few experiencing an issue that we have not yet come across, and is therefore not listed in this FAQ, please post in the forums, starting a new topic so we can help troubleshoot the issue.

We may ask you to run this utility but only as a last resort or if the issue is an unknown;

Download and run this utility:
http://a2asimulations.com/public/online ... Dr_A2A.exe

A little black window will appear with a blinking cursor. This will take about 60 seconds or more to complete. Once this is done, you will have a "Dr_A2A_Report" file next to the Dr_A2A.exe program. Email this to doctor[at]a2asimulations.com.
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

CrownCityMisfit
Senior Airman

Re: Cherokee General Troubleshooting FAQ

Post by CrownCityMisfit »

Thanks for including the Ezdok fix in this list. Had the same issue during the walkaround on the 172, but forgot how I fixed it. Cheers.
10900k | 3090 | Win10 | C4D | Adobe Suite | Cinema 4D | Unity
MSFS |The Skypark | Orbx | Milviz | PMDG | anxiously waiting for A2A
Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | CH Pro Pedals |Stream Deck XL

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

No problem Bladder boy. I will be adding to this as and when needed much like we did for the C172 Trainer.

Thanks,
Lewis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyabetes
Airman Basic

Post by Flyabetes »

I just installed the 180 and when I select it from the aircraft menu I get a crash to desktop, I have all other a2a products but the 172 now and all work fine besides the 180, this has been the only issue I have had with a2a products

lawdawg
Senior Airman

Post by lawdawg »

Flyabetes wrote:I just installed the 180 and when I select it from the aircraft menu I get a crash to desktop, I have all other a2a products but the 172 now and all work fine besides the 180, this has been the only issue I have had with a2a products
Just a thought, do you have installed Reality XP Garmin(s)..specifically the 530 only?
Chad (PAEN)

Flyabetes
Airman Basic

Post by Flyabetes »

yes i have just the 530 installed

chris

bakima
Airman Basic

Post by bakima »

hello
probably a newbie question: Why does the new A2a cherokee drift so strongly to the right? I need always ailerons and rudder corrections to hold the desired heading. I have a Saitek combat and a throttle 16000M Joystick.
Thank You for answer.
Felix, Switzerland

Kilo Kilo Mike
Airman Basic

Post by Kilo Kilo Mike »

Hello all, first thank you for a fantastic plane. I'm having an issue with simconnect showing error, no table returned. This is only with the A2A Cherokee, all other default and other downloaded aircraft are fine. I have followed all the suggestions in this post and have even done the manual removal and re-installation to no avail. Also the error continually repeats, ie constant scrolling. Also because simconnect has errors FaceTrack noir will not run. The PA-180 appears to function with out issues but I do have graphics issues such as planes that are invisible except for nav lights, partial planes missing, looking at my plane form outside sometimes shows only the windows. This didn't happen prior to this plane install, it might be related to the simconnect or just to the fact of so much detail. Thanks in advance for any help, Kris

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello please can you start a new thread so we can help you

thanks,
Lewis

Flyingdodo
Airman

Post by Flyingdodo »

Hi All

Can someone please help me. :roll:

Do I need to have Microsoft FSX in order to upgrade/run Prepar3D on windows 8.1 pro? I am all lost and frustrated a bit here. No answer from support so far (sent another email today)!

Here is my scenario;

I have a copy of FSX Deluxe (I don't really want to use it/install it - I had tried it once earlier and it is ancient), hence the reason I opted to Prepar3D version only. I thought the A2a Cherokee 180 Sim came with the necessary software to run it (misleading hugely - not mentioned anything on sale point - the requirements). :?

What is my plan action to be from now on? Buy and install Prepare3D (I understand it is just an upgrade of FSX) or install the FSX Deluxe X and update to Prepare3D (via migration) or as Scott mentioned also (on my 'new be me' thread) ORB? How one do all of this, it is all confusing with all these many options.

Oh, by the way I bought the Pro version of the Cherokee 180 (Prepar3D version) so, the licence for this is $199 extra. Is there a way to switch over to Academic version? Would A2a Simulation do this for me?

Many Thanks!!! :(

gulredrel
Master Sergeant

Post by gulredrel »

Prepar3D or FSX is needed to run any A2A accusim plane. These planes are addons to the flight sim which acts as runtime environment.

https://a2asimulations.com/store/index. ... ucts_id=59

"This version is for professional users in Prepar3D[...]"
"developed for Prepare3D"

You can download the manual on the store website above and find:
"SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
The A2A Simulations Accu-Sim Cherokee 180
Trainer requires the following to run:
-- Requires licensed copy of
Lockheed Martin Prepar3D"

So, no misleading information here.

Can't say anything about switching licenses, but I think A2A will make this possible. They allways do a great job. Consider different timezones, when not instantly get responses to your support mails, we all have to sleep at least a couple of hours a day :wink:
"Give me a ping, Vasili. One ping only, please."

Flyingdodo
Airman

Post by Flyingdodo »

gulredrel wrote:Prepar3D or FSX is needed to run any A2A accusim plane. These planes are addons to the flight sim which acts as runtime environment.

https://a2asimulations.com/store/index. ... ucts_id=59

"This version is for professional users in Prepar3D[...]"
"developed for Prepare3D"

You can download the manual on the store website above and find:
"SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
The A2A Simulations Accu-Sim Cherokee 180
Trainer requires the following to run:
-- Requires licensed copy of
Lockheed Martin Prepar3D"

So, no misleading information here.

Can't say anything about switching licenses, but I think A2A will make this possible. They allways do a great job. Consider different timezones, when not instantly get responses to your support mails, we all have to sleep at least a couple of hours a day :wink:
Thanks for your reply!

Here is what the first lines say on the website (included on the link you enclosed);

''This product included BOTH the AIRCRAFT (Prepar3D v1 and v2) and it's associated ACCU-SIM expansion pack. (here is misleading if you are new to this product)!

LICENSE:
This version is for professional users in Prepar3D, in accordance to the Lockheed Martin Prepar3d professional license. (also here it doesn't say it requires this software but mentions about licence i.e. a copyright info)! This software is to be used for flight simulation only, and not to be used for real world flight training. For real world flight training, use our commercial license which is intended to be used with flight simulators authorized by the FAA while using our software. ''

If you are new to a program such as this, that you may watch all available videos here and there, look at the sale point description at the website as we both did now (for argument sake), wouldn't you mention at least once somewhere what it is needed to fly this aircraft or how to run this plane. I think one only needs to read the manual of any product after buying the product in order to use it. But sale point should mention what is required in front page not tacked away in some place like a small print. Clearly says on first lines; ''included BOTH the AIRCRAFT (Prepar3D v1 and v2) and it's associated ACCU-SIM expansion pack''..! :cry:

I know the quality of the workmanship here, hence the reason I bought this plane, more details and user features provided as close s possible to reality. I am totally aware of that but failed on functionality on the day one. :( I am also sure that this is a genuine mistake that developers missed out on, somtime when you know about something much, you only see the big picture and may not see the small print/detail (I know it from the nature of my job - photographer). But as a newbie to A2a Sim and never used Prepar3D, it is a bit long on the tooth.

Please all, I am not here to create issues but trying to make life easier for all new comers like myself. The product is great for sure, however it needs attention to details. Isn't these forms are for..? To help! :)

My first point of contact was over 22 hours ago to support! Wakey, wakey..! A great plane is also waiting for me at asleep, I need to go places..! :)

Thanks again!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

Please note all support is via our forums here. Please can I ask you create a new thread so we can help you.

If you ever have any questions as noted in the website simply post here before parting with any monies. Will look into making it easier but it is already noted on the website several times. We do have some changes coming to the main page though to help new users in particular.

Post you new thread up and lll see about getting you sorted out ASAP.

Thanks,
Lewis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Flyingdodo
Airman

Post by Flyingdodo »

Thank you, Lewis and All!

I could buy the P3D Academic, but a question my professional version would work with this licence.!? Alternatively, if possible, I switch onto this version of the plane and buy the Academic version of both in order to make it possible to use.

Best regards!

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”