RealityXP 530 on A2A Cherokee

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
JimHCT
Airman Basic

RealityXP 530 on A2A Cherokee

Post by JimHCT »

Hi:
I have a clean install of this on P3D v4, version 2.4.9.0 on the Cherokee. Simply looking to get the GPS VOR tuning to control the VOR1, which is necessary for ILS approaches. Same thing works fine on the A2A Comanche. Tried the suggestions I have found in this forum with no luck. The Radio also does not tune Com 1.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: RealityXP 530 on A2A Cherokee

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Jim,

Please can you use the Shift 3 menu to revert back to the "no GPS" option and check that the default NAV/COM1 radio is switched on, then switch back to the RXP GNS.

Also, are you using the CDI button on the GNS bezel to switch nav source from GPS to NAV rather than the panel mounted toggle switch?

Thanks,
Nick

makapala
Airman

Post by makapala »

I really have read all the manuals. tried turning panel to no gps.. I understand that NAV1 should track the cdi when set to gps... and the nav/gps switch is INOP but it isnt TRACKING towards the destination on the gps screen.. i'm watching the deviation distance slowly INCREASE. I can use alt hold and heading on the ap without issue and programme flight plans. Doesnt matter if I set TRK to Lo or Hi - won't track. What am I not doing? Image

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

makapala wrote: 06 Jun 2020, 04:20 I really have read all the manuals. tried turning panel to no gps.. I understand that NAV1 should track the cdi when set to gps... and the nav/gps switch is INOP but it isnt TRACKING towards the destination on the gps screen.. i'm watching the deviation distance slowly INCREASE. I can use alt hold and heading on the ap without issue and programme flight plans. Doesnt matter if I set TRK to Lo or Hi - won't track. What am I not doing? Image
Hello makapala,

Please can you start a new topic and let us know which host sim you're using and which GPS product you have installed. Also, if you can share a screenshot of what you're seeing, it'll make it a bit easier to understand the issue. You can either upload to a file sharing site and post a link as described here, or you can use the "attachments" tab below the message window to add a jpeg image to your forum post.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

makapala
Airman

Post by makapala »

ok got it "sort of working" i think there were a number of issues by me and maybe one slight niggle on config. Firstly, dvor isnt something I've used but it was overriding the gps. I managed to switch it to nav2 which seems to help.
The second part and config thing: I had a flight plan imported and open (Broome to Fitzroy Crossing) in the popup. It didnt match what I was seeing in the radio stack gps. Eventually I tried Direct Button on the stack rather than clicking the gps for the popup window and managed to trk to the gps track. I think that was a major part of it.. Anyway 1 hour into my flight I tried to reconfigure those two 530's to be the same one from add-on menu.. and Prepar3d V.5 promptly crashed to desktop. Ho Hum. Happens quite a bit with V5.

All these Crash 2 Desktops on P3D5 have me finishing the evening worrying about the engine status of the Piper when not shut down properly!

David

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”