tried everything I know

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Tony9799
Airman Basic

tried everything I know

Post by Tony9799 »

hello forum,
I don't usually come to the A2A forum because their stuff works really well. However having said that I now have a bona fide problem which I have tried just about every solution I can think of.

When I go to start my Cherokee 180 I launch P 3-D I select it as my vehicle, when it finally comes up I'm sitting on the runway I hit control E if I'm in a hurry, and what happens next is really unusual the start button will go in and stay in and the prop goes around very very slowly and fails to start. Everything works as far as I know I can move the sticks I can pull the yoke back, I can engage the flaps I simply cannot start the engine. So, to fix this I completely eliminated the A2A simulation from my computer using Revo uninstall, went to the A2A website downloaded a fresh copy for version 4, and by the way I should note that I am on P 3-D version 4.5. Went through the entire process of setting things up and had the exact same thing happen the start button goes in you hear a click the prop goes around slowly and that's it.

So I'm hoping someone here on the forum can suggest a solution to this problem because I really like flying my Cherokee and as of right now I can't do squat with it.

As I said I am on P 3-D version 4.5 Pro, I have the latest Nvidia drivers, I have a superpowerful machine so that's not a problem, and I've tried a total of three times on the reinstall, exit my friends I hope someone has an answer.

Tony

FlyingsCool
Airman First Class

Re: tried everything I know

Post by FlyingsCool »

You should probably post this in the Cherokee 180 tech support forum instead of here.

It's extremely unlikely this is a computer hardware problem. It's more likely an interaction with something else you have installed in P3D that's interfering with the dll's (external programs) A2A uses to circumvent and improve upon the FSX/P3D code.

I don't have P3D, but a problem that is often stated is that if a user has a plane other than the a default aircraft selected as the default flight, that this can cause problems with startup and cause issues like this. But it sounds like you are selecting the Cherokee at startup, meaning it's not your default airplane.

ratty
Technical Sergeant

Post by ratty »

If you're looking for a quick start, I believe the Shift 3 menu and selecting Auto Start is the way to go, NOT Ctrl E.

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Also, "they" say that you're not supposed to start P3D (or FSX for that matter) with an A2A airplane as the default airplane. The correct procedure is to start P3D with a "standard" aircraft, then, once it's started, change to an A2A aircraft or load a scenario with an A2A aircraft.

I never used to do this, and didn't see much difference, except when I'd go into the menu and set texture resolution to Ultra, but it would always revert to High. It stays at Ultra when I start P3D with the default aircraft (I use the Maule) then switch to my chosen A2A aircraft after P3D launches with my default Maule.

Seeya
ATB

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

It sounds like your battery is dead? I don't have P3D, but with an FSX installation uninstalling the plane won't remove the Accusim files that store the plane's state. Your battery would still be dead after a fresh install unless you dealt with it in the maintenance hangar.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Tony,

Yeah, as the guys mention, in a case like the reinstalling generally won't be too much help unless some of the installed files have been altered which is unusual.

However, if you have reinstalled, please can you just confirm if you used the latest installer with the integrated updater as described here?

If you're already using the newer installer and you've installed version 18.12.31.0 of the Cherokee, the first thing is to double check the basics such as fuel and oil in the Shift 4 menu, and also the general state of the aircraft in the Shift 7 maintenance hangar.

If all the components in the hangar show as red, there's a good chance the Accu-Sim module isn't able to connect with P3Dv4 for some reason (e.g. because antivirus software is preventing it) or the Cherokee's log.dat file has been corrupted.

In the latter case, you can 'reset' the Cherokee by deleting the directory "Documents\A2A\FSX\Cherokee180".

If none of this gets you going, please let us know.

Thanks,
Nick

P.S.
ratty wrote: 30 May 2019, 18:59 If you're looking for a quick start, I believe the Shift 3 menu and selecting Auto Start is the way to go, NOT Ctrl E.
Just for the record, Ctrl E is fine too when it comes to an auto start.
A2A Simulations Inc.

ratty
Technical Sergeant

Post by ratty »

Nick - A2A wrote: 31 May 2019, 02:54
Just for the record, Ctrl E is fine too when it comes to an auto start.
Thanks, Nick, that's good to know. I had it in my head that it didn't work properly with A2A aircraft.

Tony9799
Airman Basic

Post by Tony9799 »

Thanks you one and all for the ideas, however this one is on me...I made a stupid error in thinking that there was something wrong with the software instead of the airplane...
I was tinkering with the Sim hoping I would hit or click on something that would start the 180. It was not until I started pressing the shift/number keys when I came across the repair hanger.

For grins and giggles I went inside and found that my 180 had a blow-en engine. I did a complete over haul and went back to the runway and took off, go figer...
So, thank you all for the input and help.

Tony :oops:

mmc71
Airman Basic

Post by mmc71 »

I've exactly the same problem with the Cherokee. I start with a P3D default aircraft and load the Cherokee afterwards. In approximately 25 percent of the cases it comes to the described event what finally means that the aircraft won't move after engine start. This has also been described a couple of times in the forum. A restart is the only solution and then it works as expected. I've no idea what I could change so I currently live with it.

To be honest, I think that this is a bug probably one which is hard to detect. But I had it in FSX, Steam and now also in P3DV4.5

Regards, Michael

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

mmc71 wrote: 03 Jun 2019, 03:19 I've exactly the same problem with the Cherokee. I start with a P3D default aircraft and load the Cherokee afterwards. In approximately 25 percent of the cases it comes to the described event what finally means that the aircraft won't move after engine start. This has also been described a couple of times in the forum. A restart is the only solution and then it works as expected. I've no idea what I could change so I currently live with it.

To be honest, I think that this is a bug probably one which is hard to detect. But I had it in FSX, Steam and now also in P3DV4.5

Regards, Michael
Hello,

if you can start a new thread we can help get you sorted out. The issue you describe is pretty well documented and normally due to a flight load issue or simconnect failure. This is why a flight reset suddenly fixes the error on the platform for you. If you can start a new thread we can help you troubleshoot the issue.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”