Unable to install into P3DV4.5

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
nospam
Airman Basic

Unable to install into P3DV4.5

Post by nospam »

Hello,

recently i bought the PA-28 FSX/P3D4 bundle from Just Flight. The installation of the FSX version was without any problems. For the P3D version, the installer stops at the second page, where the location for the installation is specified.

The folks from Just Flight were not able to solve my problem, though they suggested, that i contact you directly.

Thank you for your help.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Unable to install into P3DV4.5

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello,

Sorry to hear you've had difficulties installing the Cherokee into P3Dv4.

So that we can help troubleshoot the issue, please can you let us know what message the installer is reporting when it stops?

Also, please can you let us know which version of Windows you're using and whether you have any antivirus software running during installation?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

nospam
Airman Basic

Post by nospam »

Thx for your fast reply. The system is Windows 7 ultimate with Service Pack1. At the moment of installation is no virus scanner running.I can send you the log file of your installer, but would prefer an not so public way as in the forum.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks for the information. A copy of the installer log should indeed help to indicate what the problem is. I'll drop you a private message via the forum with some further info.

Regards,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

nospam
Airman Basic

Post by nospam »

Problem solved, thank you for your help!

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're very welcome Peter. Hope you enjoy the Cherokee. :)

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

dafrwh
Airman Basic

Post by dafrwh »

Hello,

I just purchased the new P3D v5 and the Cherokee 180 P3D v4. While I understand the Cherokee is compatible with the new version of P3D, the loader is unable to locate a valid installation of P3D v4 and subsequently won't load any files. I am reluctant to purchase an older version of P3D unless there is no other work around. byw, I am new to your product offerings and I am looking forward to trying them out as a real world private pilot. Thanks.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello dafrwh - welcome to the A2A forums.

Don't worry - it certainly won't be necessary for you to buy an older version of Prepar3D. When you downloaded the installer from the store, there should have been two links: one to a version for P3D v1-3 and another for P3Dv4. Please can you just double check that you downloaded the correct version.

If so, have you made any changes to your P3Dv4 installation such as manually moving or renaming the installation folder after you installed it?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

dafrwh
Airman Basic

Post by dafrwh »

Nick - A2A wrote: 25 Apr 2020, 13:22 Hello dafrwh - welcome to the A2A forums.

Don't worry - it certainly won't be necessary for you to buy an older version of Prepar3D. When you downloaded the installer from the store, there should have been two links: one to a version for P3D v1-3 and another for P3Dv4. Please can you just double check that you downloaded the correct version.

If so, have you made any changes to your P3Dv4 installation such as manually moving or renaming the installation folder after you installed it?

Thanks,
Nick
Thanks for the reaffirmation. I came across a regedit hack that solved the problem for the install. It works great so far. Thanks.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks for the update: I missed that you were trying to install into v5 due to the topic title.

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”