No access to SHIFT+ menus in VR

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Flyfox
Airman First Class

No access to SHIFT+ menus in VR

Post by Flyfox »

I recently went a step further and purchased a VR headset (Rift S). And I must say: For me it is a complete game changer. I don‘t think I can go back to a 2D screen any more. The flight experience is so much more realistic, in fact breathtaking, in spite of the still somewhat too low resolution.

I have P3DV4.4 installed and most functions, including the SHIFT+ menus, are accessible via mouse cursor. Unfortunately, the latter doesn‘t work with this aircraft, neither does it with the C182R. I can make the the menus appear just outside the front window, but somehow the mouse cursor is stuck to the inside of the cockpit. In other manufacturers aircraft there is no such restriction and the menus are easily accessible, although they also appear outside of the front window.

Does anybody have a solution?
Felix

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: No access to SHIFT+ menus in VR

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Felix,

Please run your Cherokee updater under your Windows start menu > A2A Simulations. The 182 has not been updated just yet but we are running through update cycle atm to bring the VR panels into the cockpits after the last P3D update.

Update post;
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=65531

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Flyfox
Airman First Class

Post by Flyfox »

Hello Lewis

Thank you for the hint. In fact I was aware that there is an update for the Cherokee and I also installed it prior to starting this thread. But even after this update I cannot access those pull-down menus. The mouse cursor is still stuck inside the cockpit, while with other addon aircraft the cursor moves to the outside when it is close to a menu.

Interestingly, my Comanche, which is actually the FSX version installed into P3DV4 (with missing Accu-sim features) does not have this problem, although I didn‘t upgrade it to P3DV4 yet.

Regards
Felix

Flyfox
Airman First Class

Post by Flyfox »

Hello Lewis

I just tried to install the update again and noticed that it was obviously not done yet! So, after properly updating, everything is fine. All menus actually appear within the cockpit, which is more convenient that if they were outside. Thanks a lot and I look forward to the same feature on the C182R.

Regards
Felix

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Good stuff, happy flying in the virtual skies 8)

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”