Chronometer's buttons don't rebound.

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
padek78
Airman Basic

Chronometer's buttons don't rebound.

Post by padek78 »

Hello,

I am having a problem with chronometer's buttons in my beautifult Cherokee 180.

Problem:

For starter. If you are normaly clicking with a mouse on the chronometer's buttons in a 3D cockpit they tend to behave correctly as momentary buttons which means you push it and it momentarly returns to a initial position.

However I want to map this chronometer's buttons to physical buttons (Thrustmaster MFDs bezels). To do so I am using FSUIPC's macro functions. And here where my problem occurs.

During setting up a macro using FSUIPC when I am in a macro recording context I click one of a chronometer's button and this button stays in a pushed position. The same goes with using mouse wheel. The effect is that no matter what click type I am using the effect is a macro recorder records only this one type of click (which is = 3). So when I assign a recorded macro to one of physical button of thrustmaster mfd I have this effect that I am pushing a physical momentary button of MFD and inside a simulation a mapped chronometer's button stays pushed and does not rebound. This way I am not able to control a chronometer through physical buttons.

Is this known issue/behaviour?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Chronometer's buttons don't rebound.

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello padek78 and welcome.

Using mouse macros in FSUIPC for these controls isn't recommend as the button push events make use of some tricks to simulate the real avionics as faithfully as possible.

Instead, you're much better off addressing the local panel variables (L:Vars) directly via a simple text macro in FSUIPC. Not sure if you're familiar with these, but the list of most commonly-used L:Vars for the Cherokee can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=116&t=40603.

The list doesn't seem to include the chronometer buttons, but if you're comfortable with text macros I can try to dig them out for you.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

padek78
Airman Basic

Re: Chronometer's buttons don't rebound.

Post by padek78 »

Thanks for reply

Yes I am familiar with lvars.

And lvars for chronometers are listed among every other :)
L:ClockLc2LeftSwitch
L:ClockLc2MiddleSwitch
L:ClockLc2RightSwitch

And You intrigued me with this "text macros". So I started to reread more carefully fsuipc documentation and found out stuff to work my way.

When I recorded macros for this chronometers buttons in my MCRO file I was getting only (3 at the end means left mouse pushed) no matter if I clicked or released. It only recorded 3.
18=TimerSetRst=RX40000011,3
19=TimerMode=RX40000010,3
20=TimerDtAvStSp=RX40000012,3

So I edited manually this MCRO file and added <mouseflags> for RELEASE button like this (number 13 means left mouse button release):

18=TimerSetRstPu=RX40000011,3
19=TimerSetRstRe=RX40000011,13
20=TimerModePu=RX40000010,3
21=TimerModeRe=RX40000010,13
22=TimerDtAvStSpPu=RX40000012,3
23=TimerDtAvStSpRe=RX40000012,13

And then inside FSUIPC in a simulator I mapped Push action to pushed button and Release to release button.

And now It works like a charm :)

So it had something to do with macro recorder of fsuipc couldn't recognize an event for release button somehow. So I added it manually.

Thanks for directions as I also came across macro events after reading fsuipc doc :)

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”