Some gauges not working

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Cherokee83
Airman

Some gauges not working

Post by Cherokee83 »

Hi,

Some of the gauges in my cherokee is not working everytime I start the aircraft. Like the Attitude Indicator, Airspeed Indicator, Turn and Bank Indicator, Heading Indicator, Suction Gauge and also my Com/Nav radio even though I turn on the radio master and the com/nav knob itself. But if I try to choose the other cherokee with different paint scheme it is working except for the aircraft with GKELS
registration..

I already reinstalled the sim connect, installed the latest accu sim update but still the same problem

I'm using the Prepar3d V3

Can you please help me?

Thank You
Cherokee83

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Some gauges not working

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Cherokee83,

Please can you let us know which aircraft loads with your default flight in P3Dv3? (i.e. which one first appears when you launch the sim, revolving in the preview window at top left?)

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Cherokee83
Airman

Post by Cherokee83 »

Hi,

The cherokee 5 with GKELS registration is my default aircraft everytime I start and open my Prepar3d.

Thank You
Cherokee83

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks - had a hunch that may be the case.

Unfortunately, saving a complex aircraft which uses custom code such as the Cherokee for the default flight can sometimes create issues when the sim initialises. For this reason, we always recommend using a stock P3D aircraft for the default flight (I use the Mooney Acclaim), then use the "change vehicle" button to select the Cherokee or any other aircraft you wish to fly in the session.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Cherokee83
Airman

Post by Cherokee83 »

Hi,

I have been using the Cherokee as my default aircraft every start up for almost 2 years already with my sim set up but I only encountered this problem recently. But I guess you're right if I use the other cherokee it is working perfectly fine.. Actually after installing the C172 A2A add on aircraft and this happens is there a connection? I made sure that the version I downloaded was for P3D version 3

Thanks
Cherokee83

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Using a complex add-on for the default flight doesn't guarantee a problem, but it does increase the likelihood of one, hence the recommendation to stick with a default aircraft for this purpose.

You mentioned above that you installed the latest Accu-Sim update, but just want to check you did this since installing the 172? If not, there could be a connection.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Cherokee83
Airman

Post by Cherokee83 »

Hi,

Yes I did the update before and after installing the C172.. Still same problem occurs even after installing the C172 then the update.

Thank You
Cherokee83

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay - yes, definitely recommend you resave your default scenario to use one of the stock aircraft in that case.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Cherokee83
Airman

Post by Cherokee83 »

Hi,

Thank you for the suggestion 😊 that's what I did also then change aircraft after and it works again hehe..

Thank you soo much
Cherokee83

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're very welcome. :)

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”