Cherokee corrupted in P3D

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
JanF
Airman First Class

Re: Cherokee corrupted in P3D

Post by JanF »

Nick - A2A wrote: 26 May 2020, 05:44 Having had a read through this topic, a clean install of P3D sounds like the best bet to me too Jan. We definitely won't be updating products such as the Cub, P-51, P-40 and Spitfire with P3Dv2 compatible installers, so I'd echo Lewis's recommendation to upgrade to a P3Dv4 or later if possible and if your hardware is compatible.

It's also difficult to provide support for such an old version of the platform, as we simply don't have it installed on our own systems for ongoing testing.

Thanks,
Nick
Regarding the question why I use an old P3D version like 2.5. From what I understand my video card is far to weak. My system CPU 4770K @4.5 GHz RAM 16 Gb 2200 MHz Graphics card GTX970 4 Gb. Actually even the other parts seem a lttle to weak. But I do consider the latest V5 but first I will await the new 3000 series videocards and the release of MSFS. I also wan't the Majestic Q400 Dash to be compatible with it which is not the case now. Then decide the best option for upgrading my GTX970. Do you plan to make planes for the new MSFS ?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

A GTX 970 is fine in P3Dv4 Jan, and I used this card in the sim for a few years until last December when I swapped to an RTX 2070 Super. For P3Dv5 something with more VRAM is indeed a better bet.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

JanF
Airman First Class

Post by JanF »

Nick - A2A wrote: 28 May 2020, 08:52 A GTX 970 is fine in P3Dv4 Jan, and I used this card in the sim for a few years until last December when I swapped to an RTX 2070 Super. For P3Dv5 something with more VRAM is indeed a better bet.
Thanks,
Nick
And the latest V5 is of course the only sensible choice if buying a new P3D.
Btw after having reinstalled P3D 2.5 the issue is gone. So far I have installed the P40 and the P47

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Thats great to hear Jan, I suspect when Bit Defender did its thing it just totalled your P3D installation. Its rare but it can happen (it happened to me around the same time it happened to you whilst testing some installers for v5)

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”