Cherokee corrupted in P3D

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Cherokee corrupted in P3D

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

it could have maybe killed off simconnect. Can you try a reinstall of simconnect.

Inside your P3D directory v4 and 5 you can find the following folder;
\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib

Try running the simconnect.msi within and then restart your computer.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

JanF
Airman First Class

Post by JanF »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 22 May 2020, 04:44 Inside your P3D directory v4 and 5 you can find the following folder;
\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib
No I am using P3D version 2.5 (not 4 or 5)

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Does the old v2 not have the redist folder in it?

thanks
Lewis - A2A

JanF
Airman First Class

Post by JanF »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 22 May 2020, 12:37 Does the old v2 not have the redist folder in it?

thanks
Lewis - A2A
Yes I found a simconnect.msi and when trying to run it a window shortly turned up (had not time to read anything) and then nothing more happened and the problem remains the same. I also had an menu option to repair but that didn't help anything.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Do your other aircraft panels work?

using shift + 2,3,4,5 etc ?

thanks,
Lewis

JanF
Airman First Class

Post by JanF »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 23 May 2020, 06:32 Do your other aircraft panels work?

using shift + 2,3,4,5 etc ?

thanks,
Lewis
No not other A2A plane. I have tested this with J3 Cub P51 civilian P40

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

what about any other aircraft. Do your pop up panels work for example on default aircraft?

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

JanF
Airman First Class

Post by JanF »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 23 May 2020, 07:30 Hello,

what about any other aircraft. Do your pop up panels work for example on default aircraft?

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
The default F22 no panel popup but a message that no panel is mapped to this key combination. Cessna 182T Mooney same message but information about popup panel for other key combination. And these supposedly existing panels do not pop up. Same with the payware Majestic Dash Q400. So it seem all aircraft suffer from this problem. Only difference is that with A2A planes I never get a user tip about no panel assigned to this key combination. Also noticed that when a panel is supposed to be displayed I see the waiting cursor show up for a fraction of second.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

can you tell us a bit more about your setup?

I am wondering if the bitdefender how screwed up your P3D installation itself and requires an uninstall, manual clean and reinstall at this point as you should have panels working in the default aircraft. Your mention of the circle waiting could also point to your AV interfering with the sim operation in some way.

However on v2 you are quite a few generations behind on updates and bug fixes in the P3D platform itself and I do recall there being some issue on certain setups with panels not displaying, I cant recall if its from multiple monitors or wide screen where the issue was later fixed in v3 and beyond. Let me know what kinda setup you have and ill have a research to see what I can dig up.

thanks,
Lewis

JanF
Airman First Class

Post by JanF »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 23 May 2020, 12:16 Hello,

can you tell us a bit more about your setup?

I am wondering if the bitdefender how screwed up your P3D installation itself and requires an uninstall, manual clean and reinstall at this point as you should have panels working in the default aircraft. Your mention of the circle waiting could also point to your AV interfering with the sim operation in some way.

However on v2 you are quite a few generations behind on updates and bug fixes in the P3D platform itself and I do recall there being some issue on certain setups with panels not displaying, I cant recall if its from multiple monitors or wide screen where the issue was later fixed in v3 and beyond. Let me know what kinda setup you have and ill have a research to see what I can dig up.

thanks,
Lewis
What I comes to my mind about me setup
Win 10 home 64 bit
P3D version 2.5.12944.0
Simcon 2.5.5.0
Navigraph Simlink 1.1.13.0519
Nvidia driver 441.12
UTX Europe V2.0 P3d V2.5+ support
I have an FSX-SE and Xplane 11 installation beside P3D
Have noticed that for example Shift + P for pushback works
Also remember this has worked before and I used the same AV then

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Ok I was going to recommend a reinstall and even wrote my reply below but grasping at straws had an idea that wouldn't fix the core p3d issue but might get the Cherokee simulation going albeit still in what could be a broken P3D install.

Go to your update folder for the A2A Cherokee;
\FSX\A2A\Cherokee180

And delete the update folder

And then re-run the Updater here;
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=57819

I'll also give Nick a fellow support chap a shout and see if he can think up anything to try and avoid a p3d reinstall.

Original post
A reinstall of P3D might be best in that case. I would recommend reinstalling checking things over and then installing the Cherokee and checking things over and so on. That way if it happens again you will know which add-on is causing the issue to break your P3D installation.

I would also recommend testing excluding your P3D folder itself from AV so it doesn't interfere with anything. Unfortunatley with the old v2 version that means the entire P3D folder rather than the later versions that use the P3D add-ons folder in a different place.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

JanF
Airman First Class

Post by JanF »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 25 May 2020, 06:40 Ok I was going to recommend a reinstall and even wrote my reply below but grasping at straws had an idea that wouldn't fix the core p3d issue but might get the Cherokee simulation going albeit still in what could be a broken P3D install.

Go to your update folder for the A2A Cherokee;
\FSX\A2A\Cherokee180

And delete the update folder

And then re-run the Updater here;
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=57819

I'll also give Nick a fellow support chap a shout and see if he can think up anything to try and avoid a p3d reinstall.

Original post
A reinstall of P3D might be best in that case. I would recommend reinstalling checking things over and then installing the Cherokee and checking things over and so on. That way if it happens again you will know which add-on is causing the issue to break your P3D installation.

I would also recommend testing excluding your P3D folder itself from AV so it doesn't interfere with anything. Unfortunatley with the old v2 version that means the entire P3D folder rather than the later versions that use the P3D add-ons folder in a different place.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
I have come to the conclusion that a reinstall of P3D is best. It is not only the A2A planes that have this problems. In addition to that I discovered that I have not the latest P3D V2 version installed there are one more update after the one I have.
The P3D folder is excluded in BD. One thing about A2A confuses me. I see that it is only for the Cherokee that I have separate installers for P3D and FSX. But I have also the Cub P40 P47 P51 civ and the Spitfire in my current P3D setup. Does the installers for these also offer the option to install in P3D ?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

It will depend on what you install, however you are now several generations behind on P3D, tbh if you can I'd recommend an update to a later version also just so you have more bug fixes in your P3D and a better running simulation.

thanks,
Lewis- A2A

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Having had a read through this topic, a clean install of P3D sounds like the best bet to me too Jan. We definitely won't be updating products such as the Cub, P-51, P-40 and Spitfire with P3Dv2 compatible installers, so I'd echo Lewis's recommendation to upgrade to a P3Dv4 or later if possible and if your hardware is compatible.

It's also difficult to provide support for such an old version of the platform, as we simply don't have it installed on our own systems for ongoing testing.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

JanF
Airman First Class

Post by JanF »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 26 May 2020, 04:53 It will depend on what you install, however you are now several generations behind on P3D, tbh if you can I'd recommend an update to a later version also just so you have more bug fixes in your P3D and a better running simulation.

thanks,
Lewis- A2A
I was reffering to Cub P40 P47 P51 civ and the Spitfire. It was a long time agoo since I installed them but I think the installer gave me an option to choose P3D

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”