Cherokee corrupted in P3D

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
JanF
Airman First Class

Cherokee corrupted in P3D

Post by JanF »

A problem has surfaced in this plane when using it with P3D 2.5. First no help windows with shift 2 3 4 etc can be opened anymore. Also the display on the radio stack is not lit but the radios still seem to be on since the VOR reacts on a signal when turning the OBS knob.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Cherokee corrupted in P3D

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

I dont want to assume too much so please can you give some further details of the situation and the setup. For example your post suggests it did work ok and then stopped working?

Or is this a new install that isnt working?

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

JanF
Airman First Class

Post by JanF »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 17 May 2020, 08:23 Hello,

I dont want to assume too much so please can you give some further details of the situation and the setup. For example your post suggests it did work ok and then stopped working?

Or is this a new install that isnt working?

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
Yes it has worked ok earlier and now this problem has turned up. More detail I can think of. I use Windows 10. Problem occurs for different variants of Cherokee and no matter how I create the flight. Apart from this the plane seem to be working.
I don't have this problem in FSX SE.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

do you know what changed on your system between it working and not working?

Any new updates or products in your sim?

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

A Windows update, perhaps.

JanF
Airman First Class

Post by JanF »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 17 May 2020, 13:45 Hello,

do you know what changed on your system between it working and not working?

Any new updates or products in your sim?

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
I think I was prompted to update a navigraph simlink win and when doing that my bitdefender antivirus stopped it. I added a exception in bitdefender. But after trying to run that update again I get a error message about access denied and the .exe can't be moved.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Sounds like you might have simconnect failures on flight loads.

How are you loading into the flight?

Try a brand new flight and make sure a complex simulation is not set as the default flight as that can cause flight load corruption and is advised against.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

JanF
Airman First Class

Post by JanF »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 18 May 2020, 06:57 Sounds like you might have simconnect failures on flight loads.

How are you loading into the flight?

Try a brand new flight and make sure a complex simulation is not set as the default flight as that can cause flight load corruption and is advised against.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
I have tried both loading a previous saved flight and creating a new from scratch with the same result

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

What is your default flight and how do you load into the sim from your windows desktop. Does it load to the main menu or load direct into a flight?

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

JanF
Airman First Class

Post by JanF »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 18 May 2020, 18:08 What is your default flight and how do you load into the sim from your windows desktop. Does it load to the main menu or load direct into a flight?

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
It loads into the menu. I haven't made any changes to the deafault flight btw is the default flight when I select FLY directly from the main menu that first come up ?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes so by default from memory its a F-22 at a US Airbase

JanF
Airman First Class

Post by JanF »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 19 May 2020, 06:58 Yes so by default from memory its a F-22 at a US Airbase
Well I loaded that default flight and then loaded the Cherokee. Same problem. I also was prompted for a new navigraph simlink update and this one passed without problem. But still the same problem. Also have discovered that I have this problem with other A2A planes. So what to do ?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Jan,

it sounds like your bit defender may have removed parts of your installation.

Try looking in your bit-defender logs to see if during the hiccup you mentioned it has affected multiple things including maybe quarantine or out right deleting any files (a known bit defender issue is that it can without any user input destroy an installation, being a bit defender user myself ive come across it several times now). Fingers crossed you will see maybe an exclusion and will be able to select the exempt button and be able to return the files to normal.

If you cannot, I would suggest a complete reinstall of at least your A2A Simulations aircraft (Though try to reinstall everything bit-fender mentions or could have touched during its 'clean') and to prevent bit-defender again try setting a folder exemption for the P3D add-ons folder. From personal experience ive found thats one of the better ways to make sure bit defender doesn't destroy things too much when it sees a flight sim add-on or mod as a false positive threat.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

JanF
Airman First Class

Post by JanF »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 20 May 2020, 05:26 Hello Jan,

it sounds like your bit defender may have removed parts of your installation.

Try looking in your bit-defender logs to see if during the hiccup you mentioned it has affected multiple things including maybe quarantine or out right deleting any files (a known bit defender issue is that it can without any user input destroy an installation, being a bit defender user myself ive come across it several times now). Fingers crossed you will see maybe an exclusion and will be able to select the exempt button and be able to return the files to normal.

If you cannot, I would suggest a complete reinstall of at least your A2A Simulations aircraft (Though try to reinstall everything bit-fender mentions or could have touched during its 'clean') and to prevent bit-defender again try setting a folder exemption for the P3D add-ons folder. From personal experience ive found thats one of the better ways to make sure bit defender doesn't destroy things too much when it sees a flight sim add-on or mod as a false positive threat.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
Found no quarantine items. I have excluded this navigraphsimlink exe in BD and it was deleted initially. But after the latest update which went without problems I see that the navigraphsimlink.exe is there.

JanF
Airman First Class

Post by JanF »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 20 May 2020, 05:26 Hello Jan,

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
I have now tried reinstalling the Cherokee and the same problem is still there

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”