Cherokee with RealityX 530

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
makapala
Airman

Cherokee with RealityX 530

Post by makapala »

Thanks for the reply - here's the new topic as requested. Sadly my P3Dv5 crashed to Win 10 desktop before I could get a screenshot. I was trying to modify the gps so the window and the radio stack gps show the same working 530 - and it c2d. Happened before - should have left it be.

Explains why I had uploaded a flight plan but wasnt working - two completely seperate 530's in the same sim. Also I'm a little sketchy how to deal with DVOR when using GPS via CDI/

David

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Cherokee with RealityX 530

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for opening the new post David - it helps to stop things getting too messy.

It shouldn't be necessary to modify the GPS to get the virtual cockpit and pop-up screens in agreements. However, how are you adding the RXP 530 into the Cherokee? Are you using the A2A Aircraft Configurator from the Windows Start Menu rather than the RXP menu option?

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

makapala
Airman

Post by makapala »

I'm using both. I created a flight plan yesterday and succesfully imported to the gns 530. I tried using it even taking into account the limited nature of the Cherokee's AP to change heading. With that in mind I matched to the pink line and press Hi Trk.. nay luck. Wouldnt stay on course even when right on the nose.

I understand that GNS has some settings - I'll try and screenshot them within the sim for you and stick it on flickr

David

makapala
Airman

Post by makapala »

Image 530 settings.

makapala
Airman

Post by makapala »

I call this one "turn DAMMIT" HOW HARD CAN IT BE?

Imageturn dammit by Dave Woodford, on Flickr

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Dave,

If the issue is that the autopilot isn't responding as you'd expect, please can you post a screenshot showing the entire left side of cockpit, including the S-TEC System 30 and the VOR1 gauge.

However, bear in mind that this autopilot doesn't have an interception logic and isn't really designed to steer onto new flight plan legs.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

makapala
Airman

Post by makapala »

Do you know what..- works fine with Direct Mode but not on an active leg of a fpl - which means maybe I need to talk to Reality X

David

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

David,

When in 'GPS' mode, is the CDI on the VOR1 gauge following the CDI on the GPS?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

makapala
Airman

Post by makapala »

Here's the current cab setup - seems to track ok in D-> Mode but certainly couldnt hold the track on the active flight plan leg

ImageDirect mode by Dave Woodford, on Flickr

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Look like the GNS unit isn't driving the CDI on the VOR1 gauge Dave. Have you made sure you've got the latest version of the RXP software for P3Dv5 installed?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

makapala
Airman

Post by makapala »

just downloaded an update as it happens.

Funny thing is that it tracked Final Approach via RNAV absolutely flawlessly direction wise all the way to the deck.

makapala
Airman

Post by makapala »

I assume how these settings are configured will make all the difference. How should they be when the nav/gps switch reads inop?

ImageUntitled by Dave Woodford, on Flickr

makapala
Airman

Post by makapala »

I've raised it on the RX forum too - I don't understand why the approach to the runway tracks so well and the heading on flight plan won't. It's almost like it gives one input when activated and then doesn't bother giving another instruction to the AP.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Try selecting "connect GPS to HSI".

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

makapala
Airman

Post by makapala »

Have done. Am just flying around west side of La Palma.. will plot a course to Tenerife, see how it does.

Thanks for being so helpful. Any chance of a Cirrus Vision from A2A? I have the widely known payware one but it is entirely bust in Prepar3d v5. Best plane to fly - really nice.

David

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”