Controls remain locked

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Blaunarwal
Airman Basic

Controls remain locked

Post by Blaunarwal »

Hi
I´m running the Cherokee in P3D4.5 HF3. If I press dark and cold in the shift-3 window, the steering wheels turn to the full right (outside right aileron up. I can unlock the controls, but that does not change it. The engine is running, but nothing happens with Joystick inputs. The stick is connected and works (tested within the sim with calibration). I started the sim with a default plane. The manua says nothing about this block, which I can´t move away. I had some flights before with the Cherokee without this problem.
Any help is appreciated

Regards

Dan

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Controls remain locked

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Dan,

Sounds like this could be a control conflict or similar. Have you made any recent changes to your P3D v4 installation such as adding new hardware, or installing new utilities or add-ons?

Also, have you made sure you have the most recent updates for the Cherokee installed?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Blaunarwal
Airman Basic

Post by Blaunarwal »

Hi Nick
Recent updates are installed. I have no problems with other aircraft nor did I add new hardware since I have the Cherokee installed on 18th of Juli. I first thought, it may be a problem that i started the sim with your J-3 cub. Now I started with the default aircraft. I only worked on sceneries in the meantime, adding an airport. The controller I use is the Saitek X52 pro and I also have the Saitek Mulitpanel and the Switch panel. To program it I use SPAD.neXt. I found a profile for the Cherokee but it seems not to work perfectly. But the stick and throttle usually are not influenced by this. But I could unplug the panels to check.
I also have FSUIPC installed, Battery life extension unchecked as recommended in the faq. I have no calibrations within FSUIPC nor keys programmed.

Also wanted to mention, the plane flies like this straight forward. All inputs work physically, the aircraft is steerable. But the ailerons remain at full deflection, the throttle does not move but the engine spools up etc.
I have exclusions in windows defender but maybe a reinstall with defender off could maybe fix it. What do you think.

What about directinput or rawinput for the Cherokee. Does it make a difference?

Regards

Dan

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the info Dan. I suspect there's some sort of misconfiguration or conflict with your SPAD.neXt or FSUIPC settings which is causing the issue. Can you try a quick test with both disabled and just use the basic axis assignments in P3D itself to verify this?

Which of the two input APIs works best will depend on your system config, but there's no harm in trying both.

Regards,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Blaunarwal
Airman Basic

Post by Blaunarwal »

I reinstalled the Cherokee with defender off. I then had a ctd with the sim, loading the sim at my airport with the F-22. I had a saved situation with the default AC-11 and changed the ac at the intro screen. But after the ctd I decided to start the sim with default situation and on the runway I changed to the Cherokee. It works well that way, including the saitek panels, which I can use to start the engine.

So my conclusion is, I had a corrupted start situation or the AC-11 from Carenado is not a simple enough to allow a complex plane like the Cherokee to be loaded correctly.

Regards

Dan

Was a bit too enthusiastic. The flaps did not move outside. Inside the lever moved. So now I test all Saitek panels unpluged, Spad.neXt disabled and FSUIPC disabled.

Blaunarwal
Airman Basic

Post by Blaunarwal »

Ok disabling FSUIPC and SPAD.NeXt did not have any effect.

I have no axis input from the stick and throttle.
All other aircraft I have work with my system.
What i initially thought, that the controls remain locked was just the missing input. This plane does not get input from the stick somehow, so if one locks the control, they remain that way after unlocking.
Checking the stick within Windows with Joy.cpl and within P3D4.5 shows, it is connected and working.

I have no idea what to try next? I also have the Cessna 182 not working anymore. The J-3 cub works well and the P-40 work does not react on the throttle but on the stick.

Regards

Dan

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Dan - thanks for the update.

Here are a couple of other things you can try.
  1. Make sure there are no axis assignments set up in the Cherokee Input Configurator (available from the Windows start menu).
  2. Reset P3D to its default settings and startup scenario. The easiest way to do this is to move the Prepar3D.cfg out of the "C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4" folder which will allow the sim to generate a new copy.
Regards,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Blaunarwal
Airman Basic

Post by Blaunarwal »

Never used the input configurator. By the way, this configurator makes no sense to me. I don´t have that much axis, that I can throw them away. There is no visible axis definition.

Renamed prepar3d.cfg and tested again. Now the controls work as expected. I wonder, which setting has caused this headache. I only had performance and details settings made inside the cfg and detail levels over the sim menu.

Now I will adjust my details again, add affinitymask and see, if it keeps working.

Regards

Dan

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Dan,

The input configurator is mainly there to allow customers to assign custom functions (e.g. those not native to FSX/P3D) to their hardware. Not sure what you mean by "there is no visible axis definition".

Good to hear your control issue has been resolved by resetting the Prepar3D.cfg anyway.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Blaunarwal
Airman Basic

Post by Blaunarwal »

I meant, I don´t have axis assigned to something else than default with the configurator.

Yes, also after adding my tweaks and increased detail, the Cherokee runs fine. Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards

Dan

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're welcome Dan and glad to hear you're back in business.

All the best,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

Hm. Could that have been due to the advanced animations setting? I don't see how, but wondering if it's possible.

Hook

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”