Don't understand how I can update for P3D V5

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
JanF
Airman First Class

Don't understand how I can update for P3D V5

Post by JanF »

I have purchased the Cherokee for both FSX and P3D. I know the installer I have is obsolete since an update was applied for P3D V2. But that updater was only for up to V3. So how do I do ? I did not purchased it from the A2A store. I have an account on the store now and I don't remember if I had an account on the old store. But I know an now terminated e mail address that could have been used if this was the case.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Don't understand how I can update for P3D V5

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

you'll need to download the P3Dv5 installer to use the product for v5. Simple log into your account to view and download your orders.

If you have yet to migrate to the newer store from the old store please see here;

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=57819

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

JanF
Airman First Class

Post by JanF »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 28 Aug 2020, 14:24 Hello,

you'll need to download the P3Dv5 installer to use the product for v5. Simple log into your account to view and download your orders.

If you have yet to migrate to the newer store from the old store please see here;

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=57819

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
I have tried filling in that form before and did it now again. Still I don't see that I have any download and orders at all. Also I am not sure I ever did buy anything from the old store.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Jan,

If you purchased from a third-party store, you'd need to log into your account there to download the latest installer. If you can't remember where you purchased the Cherokee, it may be worth searching your email inbox for a term such as "Cherokee" or "A2A" to see if you find the order confirmation email which will almost certainly have been sent at the time.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

JanF
Airman First Class

Post by JanF »

Nick - A2A wrote: 29 Aug 2020, 03:59 Jan,

If you purchased from a third-party store, you'd need to log into your account there to download the latest installer. If you can't remember where you purchased the Cherokee, it may be worth searching your email inbox for a term such as "Cherokee" or "A2A" to see if you find the order confirmation email which will almost certainly have been sent at the time.

Thanks,
Nick
I have searched my emails and did not found anything. My old e mail which could have been used is terminated and the mail only go back to 2018. When it comes to stores I have used before one of them has no record of the Cherokee and other seem to exist no more (flightsimstore , flightsimshop)

JanF
Airman First Class

Post by JanF »

Nick - A2A wrote: 29 Aug 2020, 03:59 Jan,

Thanks,
Nick
It is actually possible and even likely that I purchased it from the old A2A shop. I have purchased some planes from pcaviator because they have given my a 10% sale offer but no record of Cherokee. What result did my filled in migration form gave where I gave my old e mail and the new one I use now ?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

I am all up to date with the store migrations, if you didnt get migrated across it is because no old orders where found. Please re-submit the request if needed. The common issue users have that use several email addresses is simple remembering when they are linked to stores etc. For example sometimes a user may have used a parents or spouses email or an old email they utterly forgot about, from school, college etc. So please make sure every email address possible or any clues with order numbers are submitted to help me dig around and search to get whatever I can moved to the new store for you.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

JanF
Airman First Class

Post by JanF »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 31 Aug 2020, 05:10 Hello,

I am all up to date with the store migrations, if you didnt get migrated across it is because no old orders where found. Please re-submit the request if needed. The common issue users have that use several email addresses is simple remembering when they are linked to stores etc. For example sometimes a user may have used a parents or spouses email or an old email they utterly forgot about, from school, college etc. So please make sure every email address possible or any clues with order numbers are submitted to help me dig around and search to get whatever I can moved to the new store for you.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
I see that a migration has occurred and as I thought the Cherokee is among the migrated titles. There are also FSX listed downloads like P47 P51 Civ for example. In P3D V2 I could use several of them either by pointing the installer to P3D or by using a tool called estonia migration tool. Could I do that also with P3D V5 ?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

no that isnt possible since P3Dv3 to easily port like that.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”