Input Configurator

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
ggi
Airman

Input Configurator

Post by ggi »

I'm unable to get the PA-28 Carb Heat (set to Slider control using the Input Configurator) to work in P3Dv5.1. The Input configurator shows movement in the Slider axis, but when using the PA-28 nothing happens. I've set the configurator to run as Administrator and restarted the computer. Is there anything else needed? Is it a sim connect issue? Is there anything else I can try? Also using FSUIPC (where the slider is used to control Prop Pitch), although removing the FSUIPC prop pitch control axis still doesn't result in movement of the Carb Heat. Latest version of PA-28 is installed (08 DEC 2020).
Thanks in advance to anyone with any suggestions here!
Gary

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Input Configurator

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

do you have controllers turned on in FSUIPC?

If you use the FSUIPC feature to turn them off then that would be the issue.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

ggi
Airman

Post by ggi »

Hi Lewis - controllers all on and functioning in FSUIPC.
I tried the SimConnect.msi in the P3Dv5 redist folder for FSX-SP2-XPACK to see if that worked, but again no luck.
I actually have none of the Input Configurators for any of my A2A aircraft working, I had originally added the Elevator Trim buttons to speed the very slow trimming speed, but they appear to have no effect in sim. The Input Configurator has no action working for my PA-24, PA-28, C172 and C182 aircraft, I haven't tried the others, but I'm sure they don't work either. Everything else works as expected so it's not a show stopper if this isn't fixable.
Gary

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Gary,

I think what Lewis meant is have you disabled controllers in P3D itself because you're using FSUIPC instead? If you have unticked the "enable controller(s)" checkbox, this will be the culprit. You can still use FSUIPC for axis assignments: just delete the individual axis assignments in the P3D controls menu.

If you haven't unticked this checkbox, the info here may be of some help.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

ggi
Airman

Post by ggi »

Hi Nick, The 'enable controllers' box is ticked, I have cleared the P3D axis assignments and allocate the axis through FSUIPC. In the P3D menu I use 'direct input' as control method, I tried 'raw input' but still no connection with the Input Configurator. I've given Administrator rights to the Input Configurator exe, but still no success. In FSUIPC I use 'Send Direct for FSUIPC calibration' for the axis controls - however my Elevator Trim is allocated to a button press and these are working. The elevator trim is really slow, previously this was fixed when the Configurator Controller was used in previous sims (Pre P3Dv5.1). As far as I can see there is no connection between the Input Configurator and the settings in P3Dv5.1.
Thanks
Gary

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the info Gary. If you haven't already, could you give this suggestion in the post I linked a try.
some1 - A2A wrote:If all else fails, you can check the numbers assigned to controllers in your P3D settings window (checking the SHOW - Number option), and adjust the axisConfig.cfg file manually. The axisConfig file from P3D directory is used if you have P3D set to RawInput. Otherwise, the config from FSX directory is used, even in P3D.
The axis config file that's relevant in your case (direct input) will be the one located in the "Documents\A2A\FSX\Cherokee180" folder.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

ggi
Airman

Post by ggi »

Nick - Thank you so much! All working thanks to you explaining the SHOW Number option in the P3D menu - I didn't realise that was an in-sim option (I was wrongly looking at Windows Controllers) and by manually editing the axisConfig controller number has enabled the A2A options in the Input Configurator! Very happy - thanks for persisting with my problem - it was your link to the "Documents\A2A\FSX\Cherokee180" folder that really helped, so thanks again.
Cheers,
Gary

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

:a2a: Support is the best

Long live :a2a:
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

Tomas Linnet wrote: 09 Dec 2020, 16:40 :a2a: Support is the best

Long live :a2a:
Amen to that Sir!! A2A offers the absolute best level of support...peerless!!

Cheers,
Rob
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

ggi
Airman

Post by ggi »

Yes - 100%

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for posting back with the update Gary - good to hear you're sorted. And thanks for the kind words too guys! :D

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”