Maintenacne Hangar and Aircraft problems

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
MattSC
Airman Basic

Maintenacne Hangar and Aircraft problems

Post by MattSC »

I went to do a flight with the Cherokee this morning, as always the first thing I do is check the maintenance hangar for any issues. When I tried to access it I received the following message "Access to Maintenance Hangar only when on ground and engine off. Click to bypass."

I was unable to get into the maintenance hangar. I verified everything was off and as it should be. I decided to do my pre-flight, and experienced the following issues:
Unable to unlock and open passenger door
Oil was at 0%
Flap lever would move but wouldn't deploy flaps.

At this point I exited P3d and went to one of my backup log files but the results were the same. I loaded up my other A2A planes Commanche 172 182 and Bonanza and they are all doing the same thing. Between all of them I have several hundred hours trouble free hours with all of them.

The only thing in P3d that has changed since my last flight where everything worked as it should has been the installation of the A2a Connie, which I just downloaded and installed last night.

My system is I7-9770
Win 10 pro
NVidia 2070

Thanks for your time,
Matt

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Maintenacne Hangar and Aircraft problems

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

Did you try a new flight?

The first notice you mention, did you follow the instruction to click to continue?

It just sounds like a corrupt flight save, this is somewhat common in FSX and P3D, and normally solved by starting a new flight or simply restarting the simulation.

thanks
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

MattSC
Airman Basic

Post by MattSC »

Hi Lewis,
Thanks for the reply. I did try clicking on to try and bypass but it wouldn't do anything. I removed any saved flights that I had and did a clean reboot of my computer. I restarted P3d and loaded the default flight first. I then started a new flight with the Cherokee at the same airport as the default flight and had the same result. It does the same for all of the other A2A aircraft as well. Something had to have gotten corrupted or changed for all of them to do the same thing. I'm scratching my head at this point. I'm going to keep after it to see if I can figure out the cause. I appreciate your help
Matt

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Which P3D version are you running Matt?

thanks,
Lewis

MattSC
Airman Basic

Post by MattSC »

Hi Lewis,
My PP3D is version 4.5.14.34698
Simconnect version 4.5.0.0

I'm going to uninstall all of my A2A planes and remove all traces of them from my sim (App data files and such) and reinstall them one at a time to see if I can figure out what's causing the issue. I saved my dat files so hopefully I'll be able to save the air frame hours, I want to get them working again first.

Thanks for your help,
Matt

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Okie dokie Matt, thanks for the confirmation on the P3D version.

When you update your P3D did you do a full install or just a client only?

Also just to check the other basics that you are installing the P3Dv4 versions of the Accu-sim products you are using and not a previous P3D version or the v5 version.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

MattSC
Airman Basic

Post by MattSC »

Hi Lewis,
I think I found my culprit. It appears that it was Microsoft One Drive causing my issues. I had uninstalled everything and Installed the Connie first, then the Cherokee and 172 was next. When I installed the 172 and it went to update I received a message that it was unable to access the Accusim_xml gauge. When I checked the properties and ownership everything should have been fine. I've had issues with one drive before so on a hunch, I uninstalled everything again, restarted P3D then exited. I then installed all of the aircraft into a directory outside of my one drive folder and everything is working ok. I was able to restore all of my .dat files so I haven't lost any of my air frame hours and also tried loading a saved flight at the Hangar I usually park at and it loaded fine and I was able to access the maintenance hangar for all of my aircraft.

Now to get back to my Lap around the US in my Cherokee. I'm flying it old school, just using the Davtron and no gps assistance. I wish I had the Davtron in the Commanche

To answer your previous questions, I did a full install of P3d and had downloaded the latest P3dV4 installers for the aircraft.

Thanks again for your quick replies and assistance. They are greatly appreciated
take care,
Matt

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Ahh good to hear you are all sorted. For One Drive I recommend users to configure to make sure its only backing up certain parts of your PC over entire directories, and keep it in mind whenever new software is installed as unfortunately this kinda issue can affect all manner of software. Happy flying in the virtual skies!

cheers,
Lewis - A2A

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”