Cherokee Radio Stack not working in P3D

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
[email protected]
Airman

Cherokee Radio Stack not working in P3D

Post by [email protected] »

I just updated to P3D V5 and installed the Cherokee from a fresh download from A2A website. The radio stack including the autopilot will not work. The radio master switch is on and all fuses are good and the individual switches are on. None of my buttons are mapped to the radios.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Cherokee Radio Stack not working in P3D

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

did you previously have the Cherokee, installed, I know we got you the installer recently but did you have it previously installed in P3D.

Also for the update was it a full clean P3D install or a P3D update

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

[email protected]
Airman

Lewis - A2A wrote: 21 Dec 2022, 10:26 Hello,

did you previously have the Cherokee, installed, I know we got you the installer recently but did you have it previously installed in P3D.

Also for the update was it a full clean P3D install or a P3D update

thanks,
Lewis
Lewis, I did have the Cherokee Installed before and it was a fresh install.

Dean

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Ok thanks Dean, was the previous install to the same sim?

It sounds like some left overs remain that might need manually deleting. To better advise where to look could you let me know which older version of the Cherokee was installed please.

A good place to check just about no matter which install however is this rough directory, you may need to change it to suit your PC's user account;

\Documents\A2A\FSX\Cherokee180

The FSX part could be P3D depending on what you have installed. You can delete the contents of that folder and then restart and there is a good chance things will work if it was a dat file issue. New files will be generated upon the sim being run after deletion.

thanks,
Lewis

[email protected]
Airman

Lewis - A2A wrote: 26 Dec 2022, 08:17 Ok thanks Dean, was the previous install to the same sim?

It sounds like some left overs remain that might need manually deleting. To better advise where to look could you let me know which older version of the Cherokee was installed please.

A good place to check just about no matter which install however is this rough directory, you may need to change it to suit your PC's user account;

The FSX part could be P3D depending on what you have installed. You can delete the contents of that folder and then restart and there is a good chance things will work if it was a dat file issue. New files will be generated upon the sim being run after deletion.

thanks,
Lewis
Lewis, All the files in that directory show 2022. I think the original download was 2015. Dean

[email protected]
Airman

[email protected] wrote: 27 Dec 2022, 15:55
Lewis - A2A wrote: 26 Dec 2022, 08:17 Ok thanks Dean, was the previous install to the same sim?

thanks,
Lewis
Lewis, All the files in that directory show 2022. I think the original download was 2015. Dean
Lewis, the Cherokee is a new install to P3DV5. I did not try to re-install/upgrade it to V3 or V4.

[email protected]
Airman

[email protected] wrote: 27 Dec 2022, 16:10
[email protected] wrote: 27 Dec 2022, 15:55

thanks,
Lewis
Lewis, the Cherokee is a new install to P3DV5. I did not try to re-install/upgrade it to V3 or V4.
Deleting those files did not fix the problem.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Is all good in the maintenance hanger, can you please try an aircraft overhaul/reset in the hanger. And just to check you deleted the .dat files whilst the sim was close and not running.

Also just to check your default flight is using a default aircraft and is not custom as this can cause load corruption.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

[email protected]
Airman

Lewis, The default aircraft is a F22.

[email protected]
Airman

Lewis - A2A wrote: 01 Jan 2023, 11:46 Is all good in the maintenance hanger, can you please try an aircraft overhaul/reset in the hanger. And just to check you deleted the .dat files whilst the sim was close and not running.

Also just to check your default flight is using a default aircraft and is not custom as this can cause load corruption.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
Lewis, I did an overhaul in the hangar and I deleted the .dat files while the program was closed. All the .dat files start with "V2" is that an issue?

Dean

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

No that is all good. Can you check in the sim that there is no failure in the stock P3D settings for the flight

thanks,
Lewis

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

No that is all good. Can you check in the sim that there is no failure in the stock P3D settings for the flight

thanks,
Lewis

[email protected]
Airman

Lewis - A2A wrote: 05 Jan 2023, 05:02 No that is all good. Can you check in the sim that there is no failure in the stock P3D settings for the flight

thanks,
Lewis
I set the damage to none and the realism to easy and still the radio stack will not work.

[email protected]
Airman

Lewis, I see the PA24 is doing the same thing. I am not sure if it was not working at the same time. Dean

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

the realism settings etc all need to be set according to the manual. What about the failure system in the stock sim have they failed in that menu?

thanks
Lewis - A2A

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”