Accu-sim 182 Skylane 18-Minute First Look (VIDEO)

The jack of all trades and the world's most popular high performance GA aircraft
tbaac
Technical Sergeant

Re: Accu-sim 182 Skylane 18-Minute First Look (VIDEO)

Post by tbaac »

Although I enjoy a good VFR flight I also like night flying. The lighting options as shown in the 18 minute video are beautiful.

However, I was wondering about walkarounds in the dark. One option is to start up the sim in daylight, do the walkaround, start the engine and then change the time of day. A second option is just to open the maintenance hangar. Is there/could there be another way? Could we have some way of doing the walkaround at night please? Last time I tried it on one of the other models I couldn't see anything.

Thank you :)
ImageImageImage

MSFS, xplane 12.
5600x, 32GB ram, RX 6800XT, Windows 11.

Tim-HH
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tim-HH »

The integration of Flight1's GTN 750 looks excellent!

Greetings
Tim
Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

twharrell
Airman First Class

Post by twharrell »

The GTN and HSI look great. If I may opine, since the GTN 750 has a fully functional, built-in audio panel can we get rid of the old audio panel situated above the GTN? Picky, picky, I know.

Cheers,

Todd

some1 - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by some1 - A2A »

It doesn't have ADF audio control.
Michael Krawczyk

JetJockey
Airman First Class

Post by JetJockey »

I read on the A2A Facebook page that both the F1 GTN750 and 650 would be supported in the new C182T panel. Does this mean at the same time, as in a stacked 750/650 or is it either/or?

Regards,

Ray
When Pigs Fly . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Ray Marshall

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

tbaac wrote:Although I enjoy a good VFR flight I also like night flying. The lighting options as shown in the 18 minute video are beautiful.

However, I was wondering about walkarounds in the dark. One option is to start up the sim in daylight, do the walkaround, start the engine and then change the time of day. A second option is just to open the maintenance hangar. Is there/could there be another way? Could we have some way of doing the walkaround at night please? Last time I tried it on one of the other models I couldn't see anything.

Thank you :)
Very good point there!
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

JetJockey
Airman First Class

Post by JetJockey »

motoadve wrote:Regarding the interior, its not a big deal, someone can do a re paint and make it however you want.
I'm not sure about this statement at all. A repaint can easily change the colors but not the basic design. These seats are not familar to me at all and I have seen a lot of Cessna seats. Just sayin'

Regards,

Ray
When Pigs Fly . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Ray Marshall

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Custom aircraft interiors is a huge market, and aircraft have all kinds of different seats. Both my Warrior and Comanche have custom made seats.

Here's a shot of the actual interior we liked and chose to model:

Here is the company that makes the interior:
http://www.advantageinteriors.com/gallery.asp?Image=5
https://www.facebook.com/advantage.interiors

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

zazaboeing
Senior Airman

Post by zazaboeing »

Can't believe people complaining about leather type and so ... Gosh! That's so common to have a vast different interiors types!!
Why don't we focus on the beauty of GTN/ HSI / Flight characteristics?? Look at that photo of HSi and GTN together!! That's great!

Scott, will we be able to have both GTN operating (650/750)? That's what is holding me to go now to Flight1 site and buy it! :roll:

Bruce Hamilton
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Bruce Hamilton »

Why would you want both running simultaneously, they're pretty much the same instruments...

Tim-HH
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tim-HH »

Hi Scott,
Scott - A2A wrote:Custom aircraft interiors is a huge market, and aircraft have all kinds of different seats. Both my Warrior and Comanche have custom made seats.
that's true. With one restriction: It's a huge market for older aircrafts. After round about 30 years I guess most aircraft interiors are worn down and require a replacement. That's what these companies are specialized in.

But - and that was the core of my remark - you won't find custom interiors on any modern aircrafts like the C172R, C182T, Archer III or any Cirrus just yet. They are simply to new. The oldest C182T is only 13 years old. And even if, I doubt it would be possible to remove the entire plastic trim structure without risking the airworthiness certificate. The interior you have chosen belongs to a C182 RG, a model from the seventies, and it is highly unlikely that you will ever find something like that in a C182T.

Again, I can understand that some people are wondering why I'm so persistent about this. But for me A2A and Accusim stands for the most realistic products one can find for FSX and P3D. They are always spot-on down to the smallest rivet. That's why I'm so confused about this obvious discrepancy.

Greetings
Tim
Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

zazaboeing
Senior Airman

Post by zazaboeing »

Bruce Hamilton wrote:Why would you want both running simultaneously, they're pretty much the same instruments...
Because it's a common radio stack replacement, like the 530 and 430. The 750 handling com1 and nav1 and the 650 doing com2 and nav2.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Tim,

I appreciate your eye and comments, but since A2A promo vids take so long to make, virtually every one is from an earlier model in development - this is the nature of the beast. We initially flight tested two S models and you are seeing some of that remaining trim before it was upgraded to a T model (there are a bunch of other things that are different in the current model than the video). Wait for the final screens and product as all of the plastic trim pieces are there.

And speaking of plastic, I'm not a fan of it in airplanes and replace it with something better where I can :)

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

JetJockey
Airman First Class

Post by JetJockey »

Bruce Hamilton wrote:Why would you want both running simultaneously, they're pretty much the same instruments...
Bruce,
I could spend all day explaining how wrong your statement about the GTNs is, but why don't you read up a little on the Features of the Combo. The functionality of the GTN 650/750 is so superior to one individual unit it is not even funny.

I agree one is better than none, but the Combo is way better than just two units. I recommend reading the Avsim review for a quick overview.

Regards,

Ray

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Ah yes to future expand on Scott's last point... Lustran is a synonym for **** in my book. The stuff crumbles if you look at it too hard.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane”